The Student Room Group

Not paying for her cinema ticket

Scroll to see replies

Sounds trollish but anyway, it's not like she asked you to pay for her snacks, meal after and taxi home. She was your gf and she asked you to do something very small for her, you couldn't do this to make her happy and get the same favour in return another time?
I'd be pissed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by ZizziHikaru
Sounds trollish but anyway, it's not like she asked you to pay for her snacks, meal after and taxi home. She was your gf and she asked you to do something very small for her, you couldn't do this to make her happy and get the same favour in return another time?

She should be happy we were spending time together.

That is a bigger symbolic gesture then paying for one's cinema ticket.
While I agree that it's unreasonable that men should be expected to pay for women on dates, if she was your actual girlfriend and not just a first date then I think there must be more than just that.

People in relationships treat each other, it's just what happens. I pay for my boyfriend to do things sometimes and sometimes he pays for me too, we buy each other presents too. It's nothing to do with gender, it's wanting to do nice things for the person you love. Perhaps if this is an ongoing thing, the issue here is that you aren't generous and come across as selfish because you don't want to do nice things for the person you're in a relationship with.

Maybe she couldn't afford it this one time and she'd have paid for you to do something another time when she did have money.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by lizlaz350
While I agree that it's unreasonable that men should be expected to pay for women on dates, if she was your actual girlfriend and not just a first date then I think there must be more than just that.

People in relationships treat each other, it's just what happens. I pay for my boyfriend to do things sometimes and sometimes he pays for me too, we buy each other presents too. It's nothing to do with gender, it's wanting to do nice things for the person you love. Perhaps if this is an ongoing thing, the issue here is that you aren't generous and come across as selfish because you don't want to do nice things for the person you're in a relationship with.

Maybe she couldn't afford it this one time and she'd have paid for you to do something another time when she did have money.

She was working.

I see no reason why she cant pay her own way.
She saved you the trouble of finding out she was a bitch months down the line by being a bitch straight away.
Reply 26
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
She saved you the trouble of finding out she was a bitch months down the line by being a bitch straight away.

The trouble is most girls I date expect me to pay.:s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
The trouble is most girls I date expect me to pay.:s-smilie:

Where are you finding these girls? :confused:
Reply 28
Was I wrong for not paying for her at all?

no, she shouldn't have just expected you to pay
Out with my girl, she asked me to pay for her ticket, I was like "no, this is my money, you pay for it". She then went into a fit, telling me how her friends BF pay for them. So I was like:

"that is is them, this is me."

She ended up paying for it, and got moody. A few days later, she dumped me.

What should I do?

Are you really that much of a tightwad that you won't pay for your girlfriends cinema ticket? Don't be an ass, just pay for it.
'I don't like to spend money on people, just myself'

That is called a miser. You sound like one too
Reply 31
Original post by thunder_chunky
Are you really that much of a tightwad that you won't pay for your girlfriends cinema ticket? Don't be an ass, just pay for it.

Yes.

Its my money and I earnt it through sweat and hard work. So why not?
what are the other reasons?

Hmm, maybe the fact that your ego is so big it has its own climate?
Reply 33
Original post by Wick3d
Where are you finding these girls? :confused:

Through friends.
Reply 34
Original post by xxKiaraxx
Hmm, maybe the fact that your ego is so big it has its own climate?

I have an ego because I didn't pay for her?

Why isnt anyone accusing her for having an ego for not paying for me? :s-smilie:
Yes.

Its my money and I earnt it through sweat and hard work. So why not?

Because if you don't treat her even to something as petit as a cinema ticket you're a pretty ****ty boyfriend.
Reply 36
Just by reading the first post, I can write a list with about 10 points on it as to why you got dumped.

In other words, you deserved it.
Reply 37
Out with my girl, she asked me to pay for her ticket, I was like "no, this is my money, you pay for it". She then went into a fit, telling me how her friends BF pay for them. So I was like:

"that is is them, this is me."

She ended up paying for it, and got moody. A few days later, she dumped me.

What should I do?

If she's hot then keep paying, if not then oh well
Reply 38
Original post by Another
Just by reading the first post, I can write a list with about 10 points on it as to why you got dumped.

In other words, you deserved it.

Please elaborate.
Reply 39
Original post by thunder_chunky
Because if you don't treat her even to something as petit as a cinema ticket you're a pretty ****ty boyfriend.

I can say the same thing about her. She is a **** GF for not paying for my cinema ticket.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending