The Student Room Group

Not paying for her cinema ticket

Scroll to see replies

2013, if a woman isn't willing to cover her expenses than she is a gold-digger.

Paying now and then as a treat or because they can't afford it but you want to is one thing, however throwing fits and expecting/demanding it is just lame.

I'd dump her on the spot tbh.
she could do better that's why she dump you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
Out with my girl, she asked me to pay for her ticket, I was like "no, this is my money, you pay for it". She then went into a fit, telling me how her friends BF pay for them. So I was like:

"that is is them, this is me."

She ended up paying for it, and got moody. A few days later, she dumped me.

What should I do?

Forget her, sounds like a real strung up piece of work. Not worth anyone's time.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
2013, if a woman isn't willing to cover her expenses than she is a gold-digger.

Paying now and then as a treat or because they can't afford it but you want to is one thing, however throwing fits and expecting/demanding it is just lame.

I'd dump her on the spot tbh.

gold digger for something like £15? how ridiculously funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The way I see it.

Time is money.

I could have spent that time hanging out with my mates.

So - she should go dutch.

As I said, she should just be happy that she is spending time with an awesome guy like me.

But at the end of the day, girls come and go. She was no exception.

She should be happy to be spending time with me.

What a lovely attitude :rolleyes:
The trouble is most girls I date expect me to pay.:s-smilie:

Ditch the stuck-up bitches then, they're not hard to identify and fine someone genuine who isn't stuck in a 50's time warp.
I have to side with you on this. OK, maybe you could have ended the situation in an amicable manner, but she shouldn't be so bitchy about it
and what is even more pathetic is she thought it was a good idea to bring up her friends BFs into the fray! She is the definition of a golddigger, expecting you to pay for everything!
(edited 10 years ago)
My bf and I just take it in turns to pay for things... and we both generally know who's spent more money on what recently, and the other person pays to make it even up. It's just a nicer way of doing things than taking it in turns to pay or splitting a bill.

But forget about her... if she dumped you because you wouldn't pay for her then she is clearly a gold-digger and not worth your time.

Out with my girl, she asked me to pay for her ticket, I was like "no, this is my money, you pay for it". She then went into a fit, telling me how her friends BF pay for them. So I was like:

"that is is them, this is me."

She ended up paying for it, and got moody. A few days later, she dumped me.

What should I do?
Reply 68
1 and 2)

Why can't she pay for it?

Afterall its only 11.50 tops. BTW this was in the west end. Its more expensive.

The issue is nothing to do with the money, it's the generousity/selfishless/humble heart which she was looking for. Which she didn't find.

You could have easily explained that the ticket was too expensive for you to buy, or mentioned that you weren't going to pay for her ticket before you turned up at the venue, and going "NO MY MONEY IS MINE."

Men have to be firm, do you think Putin compromises with Obama over Syria? Last I said, he made it clear to Obama, that he should not attack Syria, and Obama has to play ball.

Unfortunately, you are not Putin, and the greatest superpower in the world is not about to bomb one of your favourite military bases. If you treat all of your relationships like you're ruling a dictatorship, you're doing something wrong.

There are other ways you can be a good BF. More meaningful ways.

This is petty materialism.

And did you explain to her all the other wonderful things you did for her? Nope, you just left her thinking that you were the worst boyfriend in the world. And then you don't bother apologising, not even mentionning it for the next few days, making her feel that her emotions are completely ignored. Seems like a case of "The straw that broke the camel's back" tbh.

Maybe she should have spoken to me about it? :s-smilie:

As far as I am concerned this is a no-issue.

Yeah, looks like you didn't actually want to keep this girl around for the long term, so you haven't lost out on much.

Original post by ilem
And why is it him that has to pay and not her?

I never said he had to pay. I was just explaining why he got dumped.
You weren't being unreasonable. You don't need to pay for everything. You're not buying her company after all. However, you response sounds a bit harsh. You should have probably been more patient while standing your ground.
Original post by donutaud15
gold digger for something like £15? how ridiculously funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The amount it costs is not the issue, it's the principle behind it.

I see nothing wrong with what the OP did tbh. He wanted/expected her to go dutch. She wanted him to pay for it. The real problem here is that there was no compromise, from either side. Kind of makes me think what the nature of the relationship is really like behind closed doors.
Reply 71
Original post by paradoxicalme
Cinema tickets practically cost your first-born son nowadays.

That's not even funny.
It's a hard one, maybe it would be easier for one of you to pay for the sweets and one for the tickets, to make it more manageable. Personally when I went the pictures with a lad the other week, I drove us and paid for the sweets, and maccies afterwards, so he paid for the tickets. I think it should be a two way street, but I don't agree with paying separately for tickets.
Original post by Spontogical

I see nothing wrong with what the OP did tbh. He wanted/expected her to go dutch. She wanted him to pay for it. The real problem here is that there was no compromise, from either side. Kind of makes me think what the nature of the relationship is really like behind closed doors.

I agree. With me and my boyfriend, he likes to pay for my things and I prefer paying for my own, since it's not fair on him, so we compromise depending on the situation. Stubbornness gets you nowhere in a relationship.
Original post by Spontogical

op didn't need to be an arrogant **** about the whole thing. relationship is about communication and equality. For all he knew she could have been planning to pay for their next trip or food later. or maybe she was testing how he's gonna react and decided he's just not worth the trouble.

I don't really care about his refusal to pay but his reaction is disgusting for a boyfriend.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I would probably expect a guy to pay for my ticket or food etc on a first date. After a while, when you become boyf/girlf I wouldn't expect him to keep paying, because that's ridiculous. I just think that it's a nice gesture for the first few dates, you know if you're trying to impress or whatever. Having said that however, I always take out my purse/offer to pay for my own food on dates. I'm just saying it's nice for the guy to offer to pay himself
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 76
OP seems trollish but I agree it's 2013 women have their own money /jobs they are just as capable as men to pay for themselves. If she wanted to be treated, how about she treats him first then he can return the favor?
(edited 10 years ago)
My boyfriend (with whom I have been for nearly three years) has a very well paid graduate job, whilst I am still at university and obviously don't earn anything. He nearly always pays for things since I can't afford to go out for dinner all the time, whereas he can easily pay for both of us.

Nonetheless, I ALWAYS make sure that, whenever or wherever we go out, I have enough money to pay for myself, just as a matter of principle.

I think that girls expecting a man to pay for her is disgusting and outdated; she's not worth your time.
I can say the same thing about her. She is a **** GF for not paying for my cinema ticket.

Then you are a pretty rubbish boyfriend. It's just a nice gesture when a boyfriend pays for the girlfriend whether it's a cinema ticket or a meal or something else. It's a nice gesture to show you are taking care of her and treating her, making her feel special and wanted and that you value her. If you want to adopt this "well I have a job blah blah" well good for you but I wouldn't get too high and mighty with your minimum wage fast food job. Plus next week she could get a great job and you could get fired, then what?

Basically you're being a selfish tightwad and clearly just acting like a dick. Maybe you should actually try growing the **** up and learning the way many grown ups act in relationships towards their other halves.
Wow, how can a girl ask you to pay for it? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest