The Student Room Group

Do employers want degree transcript or final classification certificate?

Hi guys,

I'm on course to graduate with a first class law degree from Birmingham City University. However, I have picked up a few 2.2s along the way. I may be interested in pursuing a career in banking etc one graduated. Do employers ask for transcript or final degree certificate?

thanks guys.

regards,

D
Firstly congratulations on your first :smile:

I've never been asked by an employer what classification my degree was. I was once asked by a recruitment agent for my certificate so maybe if youre taken on by a graduate training scheme but to be honest it's unlikely.
Reply 2
Depends on the employer really.

Most employers will just want to know your degree classification.

Some more selective graduate recruiters get so many applications that they might want to see your transcript to help them decide. Can't comment on banking specifically, but I'm sure someone else can :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by DarkWhite
Depends on the employer really.

Most employers will just want to know your degree classification.

Some more selective graduate recruiters get so many applications that they might want to see your transcript to help them decide. Can't comment on banking specifically, but I'm sure someone else can :smile:

Thanks for your input, guys. If people could input with their experience, I would appreciate it.
Reply 4
Anybody else?
Reply 5
From what I've heard, employers are only interested in your final degree classification.

The important thing is that you don't lie. So it's fine to just omit marks of your modules from your CV. Even if they do find them out later then that would be ok as they'll have already made their decision.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
I am hearing, from a lot of people, that it's only the final classification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending