The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer

Scroll to see replies

afo
applied for a temp job and went to the interview and received this letter as a reply ,what does it mean!?.Has anyone ever actually got one of these letters then heard back from m&s saying they have found them a job?.Or do i just keep my eye on the website then ring when i find the job?

Dear Mr *********

Thank you for attending your recent assessment for the position of customer assistant.

We are delighted to let you know that you have passed your assessment. However, at this time we do not have a suitable vacancy to offer you. Your application remains valid for 6months, and if at any time during this period you see a suitable vacancy advertised that you would like to apply for please contact us on 0845 300 3725.

we will also review your application should future vacancies arise in our store.

yeah I got that after my interview. I would do both.. because in my interview the woman said they would call when they had vacancies, but she also said to ring if I saw one before they rang.. not much help because I haven't actually heard back from them yet, but they said it would be in September - so I'll let you know!
xx
Reply 1101
Thanks for the info duracell :smile:
well what I had was a board with loads of cards velcroed onto it eg. one red suit, one blue suit, pink high stilettoes, bronze boots. etc etc
and what happened was a role-play situation - the interviewer became a customer, gave me 5 mins to familiarise myself with all the cards, and then came back in as the customer.
basically all you need to do is provide the 'customer' with suitable items of clothing, for mine she wanted work clothes and party clothes, so I asked where she was working, what kind of party etc..
it's fairly easy with common sense!
as long as it's smart it should be fine..
good luck!
xxx
I had the same as above except I had cards with different types of food and drink instead of clothes. It was pretty easy and common sense :smile:
Reply 1105
Does anyone know if M&S are recruting for christmas staff yet?

Or does anyone know when they start lol?
apparently in September they start.. that's when I'm hoping they're gonna call me back!
Reply 1107
duracell
apparently in September they start.. that's when I'm hoping they're gonna call me back!

Oh great! Thanks....do you know if i should drop in my cv or is it apply online?
it's all apply online.. well that's what they told me when I went along to drop my cv in lol!
Reply 1109
Hi, i start joining M&S 1 week ago as a part time temporary customer service assistant in training. I am contracted to work 23 hours across 4 days a week for 19 months.

Does anyone know do I entitle to any holidays.
What is the policies for holidays?
Will it influence my probation if i took any holidays?
And how long is my probation period?
Anyone know if we're paid extra for working bank holiday at all?
Matt
monkeyhead
Anyone know if we're paid extra for working bank holiday at all?
Matt

I don't, I get an extra day off though :s-smilie:
Reply 1112
Mos Def

How long have you worked with the company for? Because I worked a bank holiday and wasn't told anything about this
I start at M&S next week, can someone please answer some questions...

1. do M&S pay time and a half on sundays/bank holidays?
2. Is there such thing as a bonus or summer bonus?
3. Are temps entitled to the discount?

Thanks in advanc :smile:
catalicious

1.My store pays time and half on these days
2. No idea
3. Temps are entitled to discount after a certain period ,. I think its four or so weeks. Saying that though I've only been working for three weeks and my online discount card came through quite early on
Reply 1115
Ahh got rang on saturday ,and offered a job at marks & spencers after i had an interview a week or so ago.

However i was not available for the morning of one the induction days because of my driving test coming up so they didn't give me the job!

ahh funny times!
Mos Def

That's cos your employer isn't M and S. Or are you know working for M and S?

As I understiood it you are employed by a franchise (SSP?) and NOT by M & S
monkeyhead
1.My store pays time and half on these days
2. No idea
3. Temps are entitled to discount after a certain period ,. I think its four or so weeks. Saying that though I've only been working for three weeks and my online discount card came through quite early on

cool thanks for that info! :smile:
Reply 1118
catalicious

There is a bonus, but only for perm staff (unfortunatley i'm a temp too :frown: ) and I beleive it is payed late summer and on a scale depending on how many hours you work a week..
You will get your online discount code in the post quite soon after you start and your store admin should give you your discount card automatically once you have been there 4 weeks..
And yes time and a half on sun and bank holidays - I would so not have worked today otherwise! Whoop at £9/hr!
Reply 1119
About bank holidays: I thought that it was double pay today!!?? Thats what a couple of people i talked to, told me when i worked there today??.. Confused...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending