The Student Room Group

I can't get over him

Me and my ex split 6 months ago. I thought I was over him and tried to move on. Turns out I wasn't and it was a rebound. I spent some time focusing on me, and realised I was still in live with him.

He has a girlfriend of 4 months and I didn't contact him because of this. I selfishly though, was going out of my head, so I figured what did I have to lose if I told him how I still felt? I'd only be rejected which is what I was expecting.

We spoke everyday last weekend for 2/3 hours a day, and he said he was confused what he wanted now. He said he still cares for me and still pictures his future with me, but is happy in his new relationship. I told him I just want him to be happy and apologised for making him feel uncomfortable. I've changed a lot, and I know where our relationship went wrong. I guess I just wanted to build a stronger one with him now.

He said he wants to meet when we go back to uni, and chat. He stayed at his girlfriends this week, but hasn't told her what's happened. What should be ny next move? I know that I haven't got a chance with him any more but what he said confused me and now I can't move on. Should I keep trying to win him back? I can't explain how much he means to me.
Reply 1
It sounds like there's promise for it, but my best advice would be to focus on your studying and your education. I know a lot of people who should have done better at uni and didn't because of a bad break up.

Meet with him when you get back to uni, but if he isn't interested in getting back with you then distance yourself from him as best you can and try to cut him out of your life so you can move on. If he is interested, then go with your gut instinct. If you think a second go will work out better than before, do it.

You can always re-establish contact with him once you've got over him, but as long as you stay in touch with each other like this, neither of you will be able to move on properly.
Reply 2
Original post by GeorgieGee
Me and my ex split 6 months ago. I thought I was over him and tried to move on. Turns out I wasn't and it was a rebound. I spent some time focusing on me, and realised I was still in live with him.

He has a girlfriend of 4 months and I didn't contact him because of this. I selfishly though, was going out of my head, so I figured what did I have to lose if I told him how I still felt? I'd only be rejected which is what I was expecting.

We spoke everyday last weekend for 2/3 hours a day, and he said he was confused what he wanted now. He said he still cares for me and still pictures his future with me, but is happy in his new relationship. I told him I just want him to be happy and apologised for making him feel uncomfortable. I've changed a lot, and I know where our relationship went wrong. I guess I just wanted to build a stronger one with him now.

He said he wants to meet when we go back to uni, and chat. He stayed at his girlfriends this week, but hasn't told her what's happened. What should be ny next move? I know that I haven't got a chance with him any more but what he said confused me and now I can't move on. Should I keep trying to win him back? I can't explain how much he means to me.

Don't mess up another relationship because you want somebody back. That's just breaking the relationship ethical code. You had your chance, let someone else have their chance but how would you feel if that girl was you and you were that girl. It's a classic case of homewrecking.
Reply 3
Your first priority is to move on and make sure that you can stand on your own two feet. You are still being dependant on your ex and is hanging onto every last word for a slither of chance that he will come back to you. That, my friend, will lead you towards disappointment.

Your ex is confused, yes, and he has been talking to you for the last couple of weeks. Yet he said he's still happy in a relationship and he wants to continue that relationship. And I believe you should leave him be. Focus on yourself and put the possibility of reuniting with him to the back of your mind. Because it might not happen.

if the chances does crop up for you two to be reunited, then by all means do so. You know what were the problems and I assume your ex does too. But I'll point out that reuniting with the ex can undo the hard work of moving on and reversing the change you made as a person.

Which is why, for me, reuniting with an ex is a no-no.

Good luck though.
If he hasn't told his girlfriend yet, there might be some hope for him and you...just be friends and sees where it goes from there. It's not homewrecking when he wants to date you and tells it to his girlfriend. So just keep it friendly for now :yy: !

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending