The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingshill
Did they say if offers will be handed out in batches or altogether?

"Running behind with processing applications." Pretty pathetic excuse considering they do this every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, they only said offers would be handed out, they didn't mention whether in batches or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I gotta a feeling we will be hearing on monday/tuesday if they are delayed :frown:
Reply 1062
Original post by letsbehonest
I gotta a feeling we will be hearing on monday/tuesday if they are delayed :frown:

Whaaaat?? Thats too late. Offer holders open day is next saturday! :s

Anyone know if we'll be hearing rejections at the same time? And if there is a waiting list?
(edited 10 years ago)
This day (Tuesday) last year I received my rejection from UEA. However, today I have neither been rejected or offered (as a gap-year student).

So basically the post saying that they will be offering on Friday is correct. And I would assume that the rejections will also come out on that day too.

While that troll who said that offers would come out today was wrong, he obviously knew last-years procedure well and evidently is a re-applicant... Like moi!

Anyways I hope I get an offer Insha'Allah (I don't particularly care about you though :smile: jk).
(edited 10 years ago)
It's also a shame that they've left everything so late since train tickets increase in price the closer you get to the desired date (22nd March)...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1065
Original post by Iamleah
Whaaaat?? Thats too late. Offer holders open day is next saturday! :s

Anyone know if we'll be hearing rejections at the same time? And if there is a waiting list?

Original post by beinganon
It's also a shame that they've left everything so late since train tickets increase in price the closer you get to the desired date (22nd March)...

this is assuming they keep the date the same? ... which they may not? anyway, whilst it'd be a good thing to go to it's not essential!
This day (Tuesday) last year I received my rejection from UEA. However, today I have neither been rejected or offered (as a gap-year student).

So basically the post saying that they will be offering on Friday is correct. And I would assume that the rejections will also come out on that day too.

While that troll who said that offers would come out today was wrong, he obviously knew last-years procedure well and evidently is a re-applicant... Like moi!

Anyways I hope I get an offer Insha'Allah (I don't particularly care about you though :smile: jk).

I received my rejection a year ago today too...maybe we get extra brownie points for having been there twice? (Wishful thinking!).
Hope you get better news this time buddy, good luck
Original post by Rhys Chuk
I received my rejection a year ago today too...maybe we get extra brownie points for having been there twice? (Wishful thinking!).

Wow! You must love UEA having applied here a second time!

Do you think your interview went better this year :smile: ?
Original post by tdx
this is assuming they keep the date the same? ... which they may not? anyway, whilst it'd be a good thing to go to it's not essential!

Yeah they might change the date even though they stated the 22nd of March on the post-interview letter thing.
They could easily just send another email with the new date.

I personally want to go to check out the accommodation, while meeting the staff is more like... Meh. :tongue:
But we also get to meet other students which would be nice right?
(edited 10 years ago)

Thanks dude, I hope you get an offer too!
It's not too far-fetched to think we get a little extra consideration IMO. It shows that you really want to go to said university if you apply there twice!
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow! You must love UEA having applied here a second time!

Do you think your interview went better this year :smile: ?

Yeah much better this time around, although still could have been improved so I'm by no means expecting an offer haha!
I've improved my a level grades and UKCAT scores this year too.
How did you feel your interview went? Had any others?
Yeah much better this time around, although still could have been improved so I'm by no means expecting an offer haha!
I've improved my a level grades and UKCAT scores this year too.
How did you feel your interview went? Had any others?

That's awesome!

UEA was my only interview and I made a complete mess of it, freaking terrible. I felt physically sick and I had a couple of sleepless nights after my interview.

Really hoping for a miracle.. Still hopeful haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's awesome!

UEA was my only interview and I made a complete mess of it, freaking terrible. I felt physically sick and I had a couple of sleepless nights after my interview.

Really hoping for a miracle.. Still hopeful haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you honestly never know. Main thing for you (if you haven't already) is to meet your A-level predictions. I'm sure you've done better than you thought anyway, the mind has a habit of remembering the worst, least effective answers you gave and forgets your good responses!
The waiting game
They are coming out today...
Original post by Johnjameson

You Sir, stress me out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johnjameson

Ok.

Made an account today on TSR just to post that? Sounds Legit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1077
Yeah they might change the date even though they stated the 22nd of March on the post-interview letter thing.
They could easily just send another email with the new date.

I personally want to go to check out the accommodation, while meeting the staff is more like... Meh. :tongue:
But we also get to meet other students which would be nice right?

yeah the main reason I'd want to go is to meet other students, and maybe learn some more about the course (though I went to the open day and have scoured the website/prospectus so maybe not) :-) ... so fingers crossed!!
Just got an offer!!!!!!!!! 😄😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unconditional!!!! Omg I'm going to be a doctor! My only interview and my only offer, omg! I am trembling right now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending