The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine A100 Applicants 2014

I can't believe no one has made this thread yet!:eek:

1-17.jpg

Requirements

All applicants must have a minimum of six GCSE (or equivalent) passes at grade A or above to include English, Maths and two Science subjects. GCSE short courses are not accepted.

If you are a European or International applicant we require that you include details of formal qualifications taken up to age 16, together with current/completed studies on your UCAS form.

A Levels

AAA to include Biology/Human Biology and one other science plus AS level grade B in a 4th subject

Second science subject from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Further Mathematics.

NB. Combinations of Mathematics and Further Mathematics not accepted at A2/AS level. We are looking for 4 separate subjects, three at full A level and one at AS as a minimum. We consider Mathematics and Further Mathematics as one subject area.

General Studies and Critical Thinking not accepted at A2 or AS level.

UEA medical school does not set a minimum score for the UKCAT entry exam. UKCAT scores are considered alongside academic achievements and the personal statement and a low score will not automatically rule a candidate out from consideration if the rest of their application is strong.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I seem to follow you around :tongue: I'm thinking about it!
Reply 2
Original post by NikoB
I seem to follow you around :tongue: I'm thinking about it!

I know! I have decided against exeter. UEA it is!
Original post by letsbehonest
I know! I have decided against exeter. UEA it is!

Yeah same!
Reply 4
does higher academics put you at an advantage, also do they look at AS levels, how do they use the PS also?
Original post by TheMan17
does higher academics put you at an advantage, also do they look at AS levels, how do they use the PS also?

They look at everything, higher UKCAT is advantageous.
They look at your top 8 GCSE's including maths, English and sciences( dual or triple)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by NikoB
They look at everything, higher UKCAT is advantageous.

how high based on previous years, would 662 be okay? :colondollar:
how high based on previous years, would 662 be okay? :colondollar:

I think so, 662 is a good score. I've seen people with 635+ get in last year but remember their academics and PS will have a role to play.

Where else are you applying? My UKCAT is similar to yours.
Reply 8
Any idea what they look for in a PS?
They're very vague, I have no idea :redface:
Hi guys, I know it's really annoying but in your opinion us it worth applying for me? I have 4 A*, 2A and a 2B including English Lang which I am resitting this year for an A. I got AAAA in chem, bio, maths and phys with A*AA at A2 and am predicting 2750 in the UKCAT. In anyone's honest opinion is it worth applying for UEA?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matt_smithy
Hi guys, I know it's really annoying but in your opinion us it worth applying for me? I have 4 A*, 2A and a 2B including English Lang which I am resitting this year for an A. I got AAAA in chem, bio, maths and phys with A*AA at A2 and am predicting 2750 in the UKCAT. In anyone's honest opinion is it worth applying for UEA?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, bye

I'm joking, ofc! As long as you don't screw up ukcat
Haha, thanks, had me worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by NikoB
I think so, 662 is a good score. I've seen people with 635+ get in last year but remember their academics and PS will have a role to play.

Where else are you applying? My UKCAT is similar to yours.

I have no idea I'm trying to apply to my strengths but don't know where to go what about you?
I have no idea I'm trying to apply to my strengths but don't know where to go what about you?

Could you try Exeter or Plymouth? As long as your sub test scores are good.
You could try Cardiff, bsms, hyms, Aberdeen, Leeds, Dundee.
I haven't properly decided on mines yet! :redface:
We need to make this thread more lively!!
It's early days :tongue:
Original post by NikoB
It's early days :tongue:

Yeah, guess that could be why

I am struggling with my personal statement!

It is 37 lines!! I seriously need to add more but I can't think of what else I could possibly write.
Original post by letsbehonest
Yeah, guess that could be why

I am struggling with my personal statement!

It is 37 lines!! I seriously need to add more but I can't think of what else I could possibly write.

Lol I managed to squeeze my PS to 47 lines from 52 today!

Could you expand more on your experience? Or extra curric? But if you're happy about it and it's been thoroughly checked by yourself and other people, you can leave it alone:smile:
Reply 19
Definitely applying here!
My stats are

GCSE: 5A* 6A 1B Distinction in IT plus A* in general studies done in yr 12
AS: AAAA in Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology
A2 Predictions: A*A*A in Human Biology, Physics and Chemistry
UKCAT: 692.5 SJT Band 3

What do you think my chances are?

Latest

Trending

Trending