The Student Room Group

Continuing with my course

So basically i failed and then resat an exam which i need to get an honours degree, but then subsequently failed the resit.
Im in my second year now about to go into third, debating whether continuing is actually worth it just in the hope of getting an ordinary degree.
The question im faced with is do i continue to try and get an ordinary degree, do i drop out because an ordinary degree isn't worth it, or any other possibilty i havent really thought of
ANy help will be greatly appreciated
On the scale of academic awards an ordinary degree sits just above a HND or Foundation Degree. So it must have value.
Unis do not like ordinary degrees I am surprised they are letting you continue given this happened in year two, unless there is still scope to rectify the situation, which maybe you are unaware of. The rules at my uni are that you can resit a module twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say that an ordinary degree isn't really of much value. You lack the practical skills acquired in a HND/BTEC (or whatever) and you lack the academic ability of someone with an honours degree so you are at a definitely disadvantage if you intend on using your degree.

A friend of mine is in a similar situation and he has decided to graduate with an Ordinary degree and intends to go to another (easier to get into) university to complete his degree. All in all, it is not the worst idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending