The Student Room Group

King's College London EMDP 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBestDon
LOOOOL allow it. I'll just go with the flow, I'm not the best at interviews, and yes I have panic attacks, but once I'm into the mode and feel comfortable, I don't shutup :smile:
Yeah same, the interview process creeps me out, but it's close to where I live, approximately 5 minutes away. So yeah, and I'm used to the area I guess
King's is my first choice though, Kings and St Georges :cool:

How about you mate?

Cool! You're a don so you got no excuse lol!

Well I'm leaning towards UEA more but kings is my last choice :colondollar: I don't wanna stay in London!!
Reply 61
LOOL look how excited you are to move out. Wanna enjoy the uni life right? Haha :wink:

Why did you reapply to Kings if you didn't want to stay :O
True that, need to get out lol.

Well I applied to my strengths I guess, I wouldn't mind staying in London but putting 1 London uni won't hurt I guess. Plus I know the interview questions :mmm:
EMDP 1Ber here at KCL, so good luck to you all! :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
True that, need to get out lol.

Well I applied to my strengths I guess, I wouldn't mind staying in London but putting 1 London uni won't hurt I guess. Plus I know the interview questions :mmm:

Oh aren't you a lucky bunny :wink: Haha
With that comment, wait for 100 guys to inbox you smart arse :tongue:
Reply 65
Original post by DivinityA
EMDP 1Ber here at KCL, so good luck to you all! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats like? :biggrin:
And thank you!
Oh aren't you a lucky bunny :wink: Haha
With that comment, wait for 100 guys to inbox you smart arse :tongue:

Ha! We all signed a document stating we can't discuss the questions hehe!
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats like? :biggrin:
And thank you!

What kind of stuff do you wanna know? AS was BCCD (Oy vey that D in Chem :tongue:), UKCAT was 667.5, got offered BBC from KCL which I matched. Was also offered BBB at East Anglia for their extended course but firmed KCL of course.
What kind of stuff do you wanna know? AS was BCCD (Oy vey that D in Chem :tongue:), UKCAT was 667.5, got offered BBC from KCL which I matched. Was also offered BBB at East Anglia for their extended course but firmed KCL of course.

That's what I love about these foundation courses, everyone of all academic ability are considered :biggrin:
Reply 69
Received the email for confirmation of my application to Kings! :biggrin:

Does anyone know when they'll get back to us, when interviews are given out and what date the interviews will be?
Also, do we need to show our AS certificates and GCSE certificates?

I found this information from last year's thread, I hope its useful for you lot:

The UKCAT
All applicants applying*for 2013*entry are required to sit the UKCAT aptitude test prior to applying to the EMDP degree. Please refer to the UKCAT website for details on registration at*http://www.ukcat.ac.uk.The UKCAT is used in selection for all of our medicine entry routes (except for the Medicine Maxfax programme where applicants are already qualified dentists). As all students are undertaking a medicine programme and will eventually be integrated in the clinical years, we are keen to ensure that comparable data (which includes the UKCAT) is used in selection for all entry routes. As with all our programmes UKCAT subtest scores are used in selection, particularly post-interview for the EMDP to refine rankings.

Personal statement and reference
Your personal statement is one of the many factors in the overall assessment of your application. We are looking particularly for evidence of appropriate commitment to, and realistic appreciation of, the academic, physical and emotional demands of a medicine degree programme and career. We would normally expect that you will have undertaken some work experience in a caring environment and/or observation in a medical setting. If this is not possible, we look for evidence that you have worked in a setting where you can interact with the general public, e.g. in a pharmacy, check-out or restaurant. Communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a team are of great importance. We look for applicants who have participated as fully as possible in school or college life, making the most of the opportunities available to them and also demonstrated some experience of society beyond their immediate environment. Your interests, achievements and contribution to your community are taken into account in addition to academic ability. We aim to ensure that all of our students can cope with the heavy academic workload of the programme and display those professional qualities, skills and attitudes that help to make competent and caring medical professionals. We would expect your application to be strongly supported by your referee both in terms of academic achievements/potential and in terms of your character and suitability for medicine.

I though they used the UKCAT contextually?
Reply 70
Original post by RachHill
I though they used the UKCAT contextually?

Well that's what it says on their website. But from last year's thread, I found that piece of information.
Reply 71
I'm from Barts but Kings is awesome! (almost as good as Barts :wink: ) Watch the negs!
Reply 72
Original post by Legit
I'm from Barts but Kings is awesome! (almost as good as Barts :wink: ) Watch the negs!

Haha, we all have our own opinions I guess...
In all honesty, I prefer Kings :smile::wink:
Reply 73
has everyone got their portal thingies now
Reply 74
applying here aswell for the 6 year course, do you think i have a chance
got 4 A's at AS (biology, chemistry, maths and sociology)

UKCAT : 660 SJT : band 3 :colondollar:

GCSE: 3A*'s, 5A's, 4B's and D*D* from BTEC ICT

Predicted : A*AA for biology, chemistry and maths respectively

EPQ predicted : A

6 weeks work experience (once a week for 4-8 hours) shadowing a consultant, looking to volunteer in a healthcare setting,college ambassador, college debate club co-founder, weight-train/gym 3-5 times a week, part of college rugby team

so yeah, what do you guys think?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lopez8
applying here aswell for the 6 year course, do you think i have a chance
got 4 A's at AS (biology, chemistry, maths and sociology)

UKCAT : 660 SJT : band 3 :colondollar:

GCSE: 3A*'s, 5A's, 4B's and D*D* from BTEC ICT

Predicted : A*AA for biology, chemistry and maths respectively

EPQ predicted : A

6 weeks work experience (once a week for 4-8 hours) shadowing a consultant, looking to volunteer in a healthcare setting,college ambassador, college debate club co-founder, weight-train/gym 3-5 times a week, part of college rugby team

so yeah, what do you guys think?

Good indeed but kings say on their website AAA-BBB but I'm sure you'll be fine!
Oh they changed it too BBB?

Used to be AAA-BCC when I applied iirc.
Reply 77
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Good indeed but kings say on their website AAA-BBB but I'm sure you'll be fine!

ooh alright thanks :smile:
Reply 78

When did you apply, and what kind of work experience did you have, tbh my first choice would be kings
Original post by Flippare
When did you apply, and what kind of work experience did you have, tbh my first choice would be kings

2012 Entry was what I applied for. Wow so I applied October 2011. Makes it seem ages ago even if it's only two years.

For work experience:

I had 3 weeks shadowing a surgeon at my hospital.
2 weeks working in a pharmacy.
Year of tutoring Maths student at school.
Various charity/volunteering events

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending