The Student Room Group

King's College London EMDP 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBestDon
There is no cut-off for the UKCAT. The higher you get, the better :smile:

Hi there,
I'm going to apply for the EMDP this year. What score should you roughly aim for?
And are you applying this year?:smile:
Original post by Aspiring medic01
Hi there,
I'm going to apply for the EMDP this year. What score should you roughly aim for?

Best of luck for your application. For the UKCAT as you know the maximum is 900, with the average mark that really everyone should achieve is 600. However you obviously want to score as high as you can, so I think 650 or 700 and above is what you should aim for.
Hi there,

Oh okay, goodluckkk! You should certainly aim for 700+ which is a great score
And nope, I will be starting on the EMDP course this year :smile:
So what fresher events are people going to?
Also has anyone made a Facebook page for EMDP 2014 students?
Oh okay, goodluckkk! You should certainly aim for 700+ which is a great score
And nope, I will be starting on the EMDP course this year :smile:

Thanks for answering guys.
OH Congrats! :biggrin:
what did you get in your ukcat? if you dont mind me asking :smile:
Thanks for answering guys.
OH Congrats! :biggrin:
what did you get in your ukcat? if you dont mind me asking :smile:

Thank you, if you need any help with questions, etc, just let me know
I got 735 when I did it last year! however, as I said, there is no cut off for the UKCAT test for Kings EMDP. The higher, the better :biggrin:
Thank you, if you need any help with questions, etc, just let me know
I got 735 when I did it last year! however, as I said, there is no cut off for the UKCAT test for Kings EMDP. The higher, the better :biggrin:

That's a great score. I hope I can get something similar!
What are the best time saving strategies and tips that helped you last year? especially in wordy sections such as VR and QR (apart from eye balling the text)
That's a great score. I hope I can get something similar!
What are the best time saving strategies and tips that helped you last year? especially in wordy sections such as VR and QR (apart from eye balling the text)

To be totally honest with you, I did rubbish in VR, I had half the questions left with about a minute to go, so I had to guess the test. But my advice would be to read the question first and then scan through the text using keywords.
For QR, the questions are really basic and involve basic use of maths (GCSE). One advice I would give is that you should do the easy questions first and then the hard ones. In my test, the hard questions were placed at the start and at the end, whilst the easy ones at the end. I guessed about 10 questions in that though, due to a lack of time. So make sure you do the easy ones first and then the hard ones because then you'll atleast know your definitely right for the easy ones.
You should be fine though, stay calm and relaxed; personally I thought of it as whats the worst that can happen? And I went in with that mindset so I was fairly confident and relaxed; whilst others were dreading it.
Practice alot though, you just need the skills tbh. There's nothing you can memorise though, unfortunately.
Just go in confident and smash it!
Reply 1008
Hey guys I received my alevel results AABC and i know i'll be predicted A*AB at highest. Do you still think I should apply for this course? I have my UKCAT in a few days.
Hey everyone, I have 5A* 6A, AAAC (C in chemistry but hoping to get remarked up to a B) with a shocking UKCAT of 592.5 band 1.
Is it worth still applying?
So what fresher events are people going to?
Also has anyone made a Facebook page for EMDP 2014 students?

I was wondering the same thing, I cant seem to find any page forr itt! And you seem to be the only one who has asked about it xD Aha
Original post by ashhii786
I was wondering the same thing, I cant seem to find any page forr itt! And you seem to be the only one who has asked about it xD Aha

LOL yeah exactly. We got couple days left tho so yeah, can't waiiiit :biggrin:
can anyone tell me what my chances are at getting into king's emdp please

Here are my achievements

AS levels: ==== 3 A, 1 C
Biology:A
Chemistry:A
Maths: A
Physics:C

I will fix that C in the physics as level

GCSE === 2 A*, 8 A, 1 distinction
Biolgy: A
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A
Maths: A*
French: A
Geography: A
Statistics: A
English literature: A
English language: A
Humanities: A
IT: Distinction

UKCAT score: 587.5- i did quite bad
verbal reasoning: 510
quantitative reasoning: 610
abstract reasoning: 600
decision analysis: 630
Have you applied? My achievements are pretty much same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending