The Student Room Group

All my relationships with women FAIL - why?

And I'm not entirely sure why. I'm going to flick through a random selection of girls in my phonebook who I've had dealings with in recent times and summarise the outcome -

1) Met european girl in bar. met up another time for a drink. kissed on mouth and so on. but she was older like, 30 and wanted relationship and kids - FAIL

2) Another european girl i got number from at work. after a long time of nothing and little texting, we meet. it went ok/fine but i'm not sure it's romantic, but worse is that her english is very bad making it difficult to communicate - FAIL

3) Another european actually. actually this woman is in her 40's, but she was nice looking for her age. number from work. she even sent me a picture of her tits whilst having a bath ha. anyways, she wanted me to have my own place to get down to it but i don't and she just ignored me now because i said i'm not getting my own place anytime soon - FAIL

4) Vietnamese lady. from work again. i forgot to text her about meeting up one week because i was so busy with various things. Apologised a few days after but ignored - FAIL

5) An indian lady. again from work haha. very pretty. she actually randomly texted me 'hi handsome' and we chatted from there. I asked her if we could meet to which she said she'll let me know soon. I've since texted her a week after but no reply - FAIL

6) German girl. Yes, work again. Was interested in me but I was actually really busy at that time + I actually found a girl who I liked more than any other girl (number (7)) and so I wasn't really interested much. By the time I was she implied we can't meet right now (boyfriend/lost interest?) - FAIL

7) The one that hurts. Another european girl from work. This girl was gorgeous and very nice. Unfortunately she was in a messy relationship with her guy of 4 years and , to cut a long story short she's gone back with him and it's over -FAIL

8) English girl for once! Problem was she was a few years younger than me, although very pretty. Unfortunately she is a bit stuck up, went to a middle class artsy school so was rather pretentious. Didn't build upon date + kiss and she never got back to me - FAIL

9) Met a european girl on a night out. got number. chatted for ages on whatsapp. met up, went well and we got on well. romantically? not sure but unlikely. she's cute and we got on very well together, but i can tell just by the lack of communication we've had since we saw each other that it's not going to happen - FAIL

10) Asian girl I met at work. Very pretty. Swapped texts and stuff but she has a kid and wants me to go out with her AND her kid on our date?! Wtf? Noone can look after kid apparently. So it's fizzling out - FAIL

11) Numerous girls who i got number from and generally one way or the other it fizzled out - although that can be expected.

Probably wondering where I work eh? Nothing special, just a retail store. I say 'european' to conceal where they are from so that people don't suss out my identity.

Am I being unrealistic here somehow? Am I doing something wrong? Now I know it seems as though I'm a serious player ... however I just really want to find something that works for once. For some odd ****ing reason it always goes tits up. That's why I'm jumping around with so many girls ... I just want it to work for once! I'm so sick of it always going wrong. I just don't get it.

Am I just unlucky? Should I just stop now?
Reply 1
Sound to me like you are making up excuses on some of these for them not to work. Try not looking for a while, thats when the best ones come along!
Don't know whether to take this post seriously or not to be honest.

Simple answer: bad luck, we all go through it.

Also, are you meeting these european ladies abroad on holiday? If so, then it will fail.

To finalize, trying to date women over the age of 30 is going to fail anyway, so i dont know why you are surprised by the failings of those. Why? Yes, MOST of them will want kids at that age, or a serious commitment - dont know why you have to question this?...

Stop looking, get on with your life, and she will suddenly pop up who is really meant to be with you.

I'm 32, i know what i am talking about. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Don't know whether to take this post seriously or not to be honest.

Simple answer: bad luck, we all go through it.

Also, are you meeting these european ladies abroad on holiday? If so, then it will fail.

To finalize, trying to date women over the age of 30 is going to fail anyway, so i dont know why you are surprised by the failings of those. Why? Yes, MOST of them will want kids at that age, or a serious commitment - dont know why you have to question this?...

Stop looking, get on with your life, and she will suddenly pop up who is really meant to be with you.

I'm 32, i know what i am talking about. :tongue:

I meet these girls at work! Not holidays. I'm actually being serious! I know it seems like a joke but I'm being serious.
Original post by squealia
Sound to me like you are making up excuses on some of these for them not to work. Try not looking for a while, thats when the best ones come along!

like what ones?

I'm not going to force things. If a girl doesn't want to talk much and/or implies that for whatever reason she isn't interested ... I'm not going to pester her like a desperado. It's over then and I move on.
Reply 5
Woa... For some reason looking back over the bat caves I fantasized about, I'm glad i only managed plunder two of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
So does every other guys until they die of old age and were happily married since I wouldnt call break ups and divorces successes.
Reply 7
I suspect you might be picking a certain type of girl to overcompensate for the fact that you are scared of commitment and lasting relationships (or maybe something related).

The type of girl seems to be the one who is littered with unsuitable issues which create a feeling that you are trying but not actually heavily committing to a girl.

Why don't you figure out what you REALLY want from women and then just go for it? Shagging random milfs from work is fine if that's what you wanna do but don't expect them all to be deep connections if they have shallow beginnings .. Want some girl who is artsy? Join an art club (or whatever your interest is) and get to know someone on a deeper level and use your likely good social skills to charm her! Then marry her and live out your life with a nice, down to earth and real girl whom you can really commit to whilst not having the problem of extra baggage such as kids or language issues etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
because all but the final one do buddy.
Reply 9
:troll:
But not the worst one I've come across.
By the sounds of it, you're mainly meeting older women. It's not working out because for the most part, older women want to settle down. Duh. Otherwise, you don't appear to have personality connections with these women, you just write that they're pretty. Guess what? There's more to a relationship than physical attraction. Quit trying to get in everyone's pants and look for a girl you actually like who has things in common with you. You'll be surprised at how your failed efforts will diminish when you're more picky about those you date.
Reply 11
Original post by Stevo112
I suspect you might be picking a certain type of girl to overcompensate for the fact that you are scared of commitment and lasting relationships (or maybe something related).

The type of girl seems to be the one who is littered with unsuitable issues which create a feeling that you are trying but not actually heavily committing to a girl.

Why don't you figure out what you REALLY want from women and then just go for it? Shagging random milfs from work is fine if that's what you wanna do but don't expect them all to be deep connections if they have shallow beginnings ..

This is deep stuff, and a good analysis! I'll +rep when I get some back :smile:
Cos they all get attracted to men like me :colone:
Eerrmm, might it have something to do with your pessimism shown by your username :K:

Good lord boy, why are you shocked some of these didn't work out?.

Meet friends of friends etc, people your age, at similar stages in life who can actually speak your language, more likely to work than these doomed from the start relationships.
Reply 14
Where the hell do you work?
Sounds like the store is in an airport o.O
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Dude, i have to ask where do you work? :cool:
It sounds like you're scared of both commitment and rejection (perhaps you're scared of commitment because of how scared you are of an eventual rejection? :dontknow:). Several of your reasons were so petty it was just stupid. In others, you broke up because you didn't want commitment, but with others you broke up because she wasn't romantic enough. Surely you can only pick either one or the other?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending