The Student Room Group

Feedback on the MUN - What do you want to see in the MUN?

Hi all,
As part of my reforms, I want to see what you want in the MUN. Few people are commenting on the news stories which means that they aren't working to boost activity so what do you want for the MUN? Think outside the box and let me know in this thread.

toronto353 :smile:
Original post by toronto353
Hi all,
As part of my reforms, I want to see what you want in the MUN. Few people are commenting on the news stories which means that they aren't working to boost activity so what do you want for the MUN? Think outside the box and let me know in this thread.

toronto353 :smile:

I personally think there are too many news stories clogging up the forum, we need more hypotheticals (that aren't nuclear-weapon orientated) and more resolutions. Also, the Security Council need to pull their finger out and do something like help out the SG who can't do it all on his own, rather than sit around with nice titles.
Reply 2
Original post by Cheese_Monster
I personally think there are too many news stories clogging up the forum, we need more hypotheticals (that aren't nuclear-weapon orientated) and more resolutions. Also, the Security Council need to pull their finger out and do something like help out the SG who can't do it all on his own, rather than sit around with nice titles.

Thank you for the feedback - this is exactly the sort of thing which I want to see. :smile: Hypotheticals - the aim is to start one once everyone's back at uni in the next two weeks or so so that we have a good run of uninterrupted activity.
Original post by Kiss

QFA

Original post by Superunknown17

QFA

Original post by miser

QFA

Original post by PierceBrosnan

QFA

Original post by Qwertish

QFA

Original post by cl_steele
QFA

Could we see you guys putting a little more into the MUN as I, and others, expect the Security Council to lead the way on activity?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4

+1 on this. More hypes and Resolutions, but these need people to write them. I know I haven't been active enough recently, and the whole place seems pretty dead. I'm not sure if that is to do with the MHoC election, or the time of year.
Original post by Republic1
+1 on this. More hypes and Resolutions, but these need people to write them. I know I haven't been active enough recently, and the whole place seems pretty dead. I'm not sure if that is to do with the MHoC election, or the time of year.

Yeah, I didn't quote you because you're new to the SC and not responsible :tongue: It does have an air of being dead, but I think it is because the same people that frequent this forum are the ones in the MHoC, and at the minute, we're all more occupied by the election and the start of a new Parliament, as well as Cl_steele being banned, i'm hoping its not permanent!
Once I've got settled into uni I'll make sure to be more active. It's just with the MHoC stuff and uni, the MUN has taken a backseat. Give me a few days and I'll be a lot more active :smile:
Reply 7
Could we see you guys putting a little more into the MUN as I, and others, expect the Security Council to lead the way on activity?

Will do. Got a bit swamped with HoC stuff recently :colondollar:

I did think my aggressive takeover of Taiwan would elicit a greater response, though...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Qwertish
Will do. Got a bit swamped with HoC stuff recently :colondollar:

I did think my aggressive takeover of Taiwan would elicit a greater response, though...

Aye, admittedly you and steele make a great effort in the SC, but even when I was in it, I felt like I was drawing a blank whenever I came up with material.
Reply 9

Original post by Republic1

Thank you for your feedback, it's very useful for us when planning the development of the MUN over the coming weeks and months.

The news stories are useful to an extent, so we can hear what countries individual opinions on matters however I do tend to agree with you that there's far too many clogging up the sub-forum. We need more resolutions and positions papers as well as a hype which we're debating constantly to stimulate debate and discussion.

Also, the Security Council needs to be at the heart of the MUN, constantly debating, starting discussions, proposing stuff. More resolutions is also key as well as statements from countries.

All of this stuff really lies with the GA & SC contributing lots more, Toronto and I can prompt this but ultimately it has be started by the GA & SC so your contribution is important and needed!
Reply 10

Sorry, been busy with preparations for third year/taking on feminists.
Reply 11
I'll try to be more active in this forum too, sorry for not doing so lately.
I've been busy myself worrying about Uni and packing and buying things. I'll do what I can to be active over freshers and the while settling in period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by meenu89
I'll try to be more active in this forum too, sorry for not doing so lately.

Original post by Kiss
Sorry, been busy with preparations for third year/taking on feminists.

Original post by PierceBrosnan
I've been busy myself worrying about Uni and packing and buying things. I'll do what I can to be active over freshers and the while settling in period.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys for letting us know, I know its a busy period... keep active if you can, if not do as you have done and let us know so you've not gone off our radar.

Cheers :wink:
Activity here suffers during big HOC events such as the election. Finding ways to link the two forums to retain/attract users would be useful - either summits/hypes might work.

One idea I considered when SG was a referendum on a contentious issue - advertise this across TSR and hopefully we'll see the same volumes of people that joined in the monarchy/EU referendums. Could be worth a shot.
Reply 15
Original post by Birchington
Activity here suffers during big HOC events such as the election. Finding ways to link the two forums to retain/attract users would be useful - either summits/hypes might work.

One idea I considered when SG was a referendum on a contentious issue - advertise this across TSR and hopefully we'll see the same volumes of people that joined in the monarchy/EU referendums. Could be worth a shot.

We've lost out during the election because activity wasn't bad before that. We could look at links, but we suffer from hostile reactions over there and I'm also not particularly convinced about links.

However, we do need something like referendums to attract members - the question is what.
I will try to be active - although I don't tend to get very long to look on TSR at the moment. Once my sixth form's network decides Logging in to TSR isn't too much for it - I will be on alot more

Quick Reply

Latest