The Student Room Group

Mature student - Geography and Social Anthropology

Hi guys

I started a degree in Fine Art after I finished Sixth Form College some 7years ago. I chucked that in and entered the world of work and have been there ever since.

I started my own company in Horticulture and Arboriculture a few years ago which has been a bit bumpy recently and has made me to think about going back to University and trying another path.

I am really passionate about Geography and Social Anthropology and would like to study and explore these subjects.

I have good results from my A-Levels and have other vocational qualifications and a very good grounding in life experiences. The things I don't have are qualifications in either Geography or Anthropology. Obviously this will show on my application, but if I make an application with enough enthusiasm and passion might I be able to get a place say at Edinburgh/Sussex/SOAS?

Is there anyone out there who has applied for similar degrees with these Universities without the foundation qualifications who was successful in getting a place? Can you give me some advice on what you did to get there.

Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending