The Student Room Group

What did your parents say when you got into university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Yasmin25
Mum - "Congrats but why are you choosing to study at The Open Uni rather than a normal uni? And you're studying science. I take it you wanna be a pharmacologist?"

No mother, I don't lol

Haha, yeah, I know that one!

Mum - "Oh, so you're not going to a real university, then?"

She thinks it's just a nice little hobby for me. I don't think she understands that I will get an actual degree at the end of it. And she certainly doesn't understand why anyone would want to study politics, philosophy and economics...
Dad: 'Take your wellies son'
Reply 62
Both: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
'Guess you get to eat tonight'

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Wow been hearing so many parents congratulating their kids. Sadly when I said I got in, there was just a welldone from my parents and it felt like an ordinary dull day :redface:. Also since I'm from an asian background, my parents told me to get a first at uni :/ . I'm glad that alevels are finally done :tongue:
Reply 65
I don't think they were remotely interested since they'd done all the fussing stuff when my older brother got in.

The trials of being a middle child. :'(
Original post by noobynoo
I don't think they were remotely interested since they'd done all the fussing stuff when my older brother got in.

The trials of being a middle child. :'(

I hear you man. I'm also a middle child and my parents fussed a lot more over my brother than when I did. We're both going to the same uni and he's got a 1st in his first year so I'm going to have to live up to that :frown:
my mum wasn't really that bothered - she boasted about me to the family, never really said she was proud to me!

my dad was pretty impressed and my step-mum cried because she will miss me :biggrin:!
I don't remember. I think she was happy, but it wasn't really a big thing.
Reply 69
my mum said well done for getting into your first choice and congratulations. she celebrated with my granny (she had champagne ready before I even had it confirmed)
My mum started crying because she was so happy and told me she was really proud and happy for me. My dad didn't cry but said the same thing, although he said I should have got a B in politics :unimpressed:
Reply 71
Dad- don't let us get a call in the middle of the night, saying I've been found passed out drunk in a ditch :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Mum: "You will not be able to do that, your going to fail"
Dad: "Right"

Got a 1st for my degree!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Mum: Well done! and gave me a hug.
Dad: Can't you just get a job?
Reply 74
At first:

"WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!"

Closer to the date:

"Don't take drugs, not even cannabis. Don't get pregnant. Don't overdo it drinking."

Closer still:

"You're going to have such a brilliant time!"

I'm sure on the day it'll be all three. :tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3
"Thank **** for that!"

Haha, legend (assuming he was joking)!

He wasn't joking!
I'll have a party when you leave for Uni...
Congratulated me.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Oh. This is awkward:mute:

Spoiler

The feeling was mutual :biggrin:
Reply 79
'Well Done'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending