The Student Room Group

English Literature and Drama Applicants! 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cjwalker
Best day ever!!! Interview from Exeter in December, interview from Leeds in December and offer from Nottingham!!!!!!!! :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

when did you send in your application? :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by rhysharding
when did you send in your application? :smile:

3rd of november mate!
Original post by heidirosex
Hey!
I have applied for English and Drama/Theatre Studies at
Birmingham = Uncond. offer if I firm
Sheffield = Offer
Leeds = On hold
Exeter
Manc. Met = Audition scheduled

Has anyone heard anything from Exeter yet? I know they do an early applicant day in Dec? Exeter is definitely my top choice, want to go there so bad uhhhh.

fayeweasley: I think you were at my interview day at Leeds? I'm the girl whose interview didn't go too well haha- blonde hair, tartan scarf? MASSIVE well done for your offers, so pleased for you! :biggrin: knew you'd do well. Have you heard from anyone else from our group?!

Yeaaa that's me! See you're on hold - it didn't go as awfully as you thought then! I saw Mary and Lizzie at Queen Mary and we're connected on facebook now - but I haven't heard anything from them ... didn't want to ask as I thought it might be a bit awkward ahah
Reply 63
Fayeweasley and heidirosex - I know this may sound like a silly question, but when you went for your interviews what was the general dress code? I've got my UEA audition next week and (like a typical girl) I've got my monologues pretty much sorted but now I'm stressing over what to wear! It said smart casual in the email I had but I was wondering whether people dressed more smart, or just went full-on casual? Haha Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Camille_k
Yeah it's that if I firm them I get an unconditional so i'm not sure if its grades based, but i'm predicted AAA for an AAB course!

thats brilliant well done!!! is it gonna be your firm do you reckon?
Reply 65
Original post by caryswww
Fayeweasley and heidirosex - I know this may sound like a silly question, but when you went for your interviews what was the general dress code? I've got my UEA audition next week and (like a typical girl) I've got my monologues pretty much sorted but now I'm stressing over what to wear! It said smart casual in the email I had but I was wondering whether people dressed more smart, or just went full-on casual? Haha Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went smart casual (black jeans, tshirt and blazer) but everyone else went mega casual. If UEA say smart casual, then I would go smart casual; Leeds didn't have a dress code so they didn't care and were really relaxed about it.
Reply 66
Is anyone else going to the Exeter interview/workshop day on on December 4th or the Leeds one on December 11th??!
Original post by fayeweasley
Yeaaa that's me! See you're on hold - it didn't go as awfully as you thought then! I saw Mary and Lizzie at Queen Mary and we're connected on facebook now - but I haven't heard anything from them ... didn't want to ask as I thought it might be a bit awkward ahah

Did anyone get any acknowledgement email from Birmingham?? because I havent but my friend got one for English and Classics :frown:
I found out today that I have a Manchester interview on December 4th!
Reply 69
Good luck for this Wednesday Camille_k!! And anyone else who has an audition/interview coming up!!:smile:

To the people who've already been - what sort of things did they ask you? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
JUST GOT MY OFFER FROM GOLDSMITHS!!!

They offered me AB and a Distinction in Music Technology yay!!
Reply 71
uea was so scary oml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yoo I've had unconditionals from Queen Mary and Birmingham now, just waiting to hear from Loughborough after having my interview there yesterday! If anyone has any questions about interviews at Queen Mary and Loughborough feel free to ask!
Reply 73
I don't know what to do..uea have declined me but instead offered me a place to do just English Literature, and I don't know what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caryswww
I don't know what to do..uea have declined me but instead offered me a place to do just English Literature, and I don't know what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you received any other offers? Stick it out and don't do that course if you want to do drama as well!
Reply 75
Original post by brettgmason
Have you received any other offers? Stick it out and don't do that course if you want to do drama as well!

Yeah, I've had Sheffield, Lancaster and Kent :smile: I was thinking that at first but the English lit course does sound really interesting to me, and I can still choose to do modules in drama if I want to. I also have an interview in Exeter in January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Did anyone else get an email from Sheffield today about applying for scholarship?
Reply 77
Original post by cjwalker
Did anyone else get an email from Sheffield today about applying for scholarship?

Yep I got that too! Don't think I'll be eligible though, can't see myself getting A*AA or higher! (Although it would be nice...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
TODAY HAS BEEN CRAZY FOR OFFERS FOR ME OMG

I got an offer for Birmingham (AA and Distinction), Greenwich (280 UCAS) and I received my interview for Manchester for the 11th December :-)
Reply 79
Original post by rhysharding
TODAY HAS BEEN CRAZY FOR OFFERS FOR ME OMG

I got an offer for Birmingham (AA and Distinction), Greenwich (280 UCAS) and I received my interview for Manchester for the 11th December :-)

Well done!! That's amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest