The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Needler Hall Accomodation Hull Uni

Only found out my accommodation last night. Im in Needler Hall room 73A I think, is anyone else in Needler? or does anyone know whats its even like because, I visited it today to have a look around and it wasn't even open.:unimpressed:
Reply 1
I stayed in it last year. It's not terrible, I think you're actually in the room i was directly beneath, but anyway. It's not awful, the wardens can be a little unreasonable, and the food is either really nice or bad, so I'd figure out which meals you like, then do something different on those you don't. Aside from those it's actually pretty good. There's pool, table tennis and table football, 2 pianos, a library and at least 2 common rooms with good tv's. The night warden is also really nice, so if you get on decent terms with him you will generally get slack cut, resulting in keeping the common rooms open till the early hours, instead of 11. The surrounding area is good, however the residents are sometimes a little over the top. And finally, when going for the bus, get the one at half pas the hour, not quarter to, as a lot of the time it will be full from the lawns, and you won't get on, and will turn up late, just a warning.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SamanthaStorry
Only found out my accommodation last night. Im in Needler Hall room 73A I think, is anyone else in Needler? or does anyone know whats its even like because, I visited it today to have a look around and it wasn't even open.:unimpressed:

Im in 68A we're not too far from each other! oh damn I really wanted to know what its like as worryingly its the only hall without pictures of the rooms on the website :/ what are you studying? :smile:
Reply 3
Wow, thank you! There are no pictures of it anywhere but when I went down they said it had been renovated over the summer as well, and thanks for the heads up on the bus, that will definatley be useful :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by kitty101
Im in 68A we're not too far from each other! oh damn I really wanted to know what its like as worryingly its the only hall without pictures of the rooms on the website :/ what are you studying? :smile:

Oh wow that's good, is they like an A floor and a B floor etc or something like that, I have no idea how it's split, and I know apart from the outside of it I have no idea what it looks like which sucks :/ and I'm staring Chinese and History what about you?
Reply 5
A is new wing, B is old wing, I think. Each wing is made up of 2 floors, with a number of corridors on each floor. 73 is part of a 5 room corridor, 68 is on the adjacent corridor, with about 20-30 rooms, something like that. Old wing has the washers and dryers in them, as well as most, if not all, of the common rooms. New wing has the dining hall, games room and most of the pianos. Old wing also have sinks in their rooms, new wing does not, other than that they're exactly the same. You can access both wings regardless of which you live in, so it doesn't really matter which you live in, besides the sink...I wanted a sink.
No problem, I missed so many lectures due to that bloody bus. It's reasonably nice tbf, just certain aspects (food, wardens) can ruin it.
Reply 6
Oh wow that's good, is they like an A floor and a B floor etc or something like that, I have no idea how it's split, and I know apart from the outside of it I have no idea what it looks like which sucks :/ and I'm staring Chinese and History what about you?

oh wow! I'm doing chemistry on the bright side the outside does look pretty nice, have you joined the fb group for our halls this year? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kitty101
oh wow! I'm doing chemistry on the bright side the outside does look pretty nice, have you joined the fb group for our halls this year? :smile:

never really looked at it on Facebook - I think I found the general Hull group but is there actually a Needler Hall one too? I'll try find it :smile:
Reply 8
never really looked at it on Facebook - I think I found the general Hull group but is there actually a Needler Hall one too? I'll try find it :smile:

tadaa here it is if you haven't found it yet and want to join :wink: https://www.facebook.com/groups/196483963856662/

Quick Reply

Latest