The Student Room Group

Imperial College Postgrad Applications 2014

Scroll to see replies

Thanks RockMaster. The petroleum geoscience program seems fantastic -- good luck!
Reply 21
I have just received my offer for MSc General Structural Engineering. Anyone doing the same course?
Was the "Decision Date" updated in Student e-Service before you got the decision?
Reply 23
I have an offer for the MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering. Applied in mid December and got an offer mid January after an interview at the beginning of January. It’s interesting that the postgraduate applications thread for Imperial has significantly less activity than the same for other top universities.
I've applied for the 1+3 PhD Programme in the Epidemiology, Evolution and Control of Infectious Diseases, not heard anything yet..
Reply 25
Original post by goodtogallop
I've applied for the 1+3 PhD Programme in the Epidemiology, Evolution and Control of Infectious Diseases, not heard anything yet..

Good luck! Why did you choose Imperial? Although you’re presumably applying to other places.
Original post by Euan09
Good luck! Why did you choose Imperial? Although you’re presumably applying to other places.

The whole programme seemed totally tailored to my interests and skills - I haven't found anything comparable anywhere else (although if anyone knows of any similar, please let me know!)

I've applied to a studentship at LSHTM as well, but I'd prefer the flexibility of the 1+3 course
I am also waiting to be interviewed by Professor Roger Fenner, of MSC AME. Could you share your experience of interview? Many thanks!
I am also waiting to be interviewed by Professor Roger Fenner, of MSC AME. Could you share your experience of interview? Many thanks!
Reply 29
Original post by juciwdjared

Sure, no problem. Expect to be grilled, he asked some very difficult logic and maths questions, he wanted me to pitch an idea for a research project and... Just messing with you :wink: He was very nice, he just wanted to hear me articulate the answers to some basic questions like why the MSc and which courses do I want to take, nothing tricky. Good luck. What’s your university and degree out of interest?
Reply 30
Breaking the engineering/science ice with some business school offer for Strategic Marketing. Anyone else having an offer from the business school?

Currently wondering between ICL and LSE.

Good luck to people still waiting !
Original post by Euan09
Sure, no problem. Expect to be grilled, he asked some very difficult logic and maths questions, he wanted me to pitch an idea for a research project and... Just messing with you :wink: He was very nice, he just wanted to hear me articulate the answers to some basic questions like why the MSc and which courses do I want to take, nothing tricky. Good luck. What’s your university and degree out of interest?

My undergraduate university is University of Liverpool. However, the degree is EEE (third year grade 80), not Mechanical Engineering. So I'm a little bit worried.
1.Can you still recall those logic and maths questions?
2.When do you received the decision from him?
haha, anyway, thank you very much, it's helpful.
Reply 32
Original post by TheRockMaster
Applied for the MSc Petroleum Geoscience taught. Anyone have any replies?

I'm hoping to apply for this course next year, can I kindly ask:

1)How successful you've been in receiving offers (I assume for PetGeo also)

2) How you're going to fund your study?

3) Your predicted grade, and how much importance this plays in the application process.

:biggrin:
I have had an interview, but they had at least twice the amount of applicants this year with people coming with so much experience, some with 2 or more yrs in industry!

It's still early days for my applications though, I should hear from RHUL, Aberdeen and Imperial in the next week or so. I'll keep you updated.

I am on track for a 2:1, obv aiming for a 1st but they require a 2:1. As for funding I have no idea, I know I won't get scholorship, but the important thing for me is getting on the course itself first. I will just have to take a mixture of bank loan, parents, family etc. All will be worthwhile after I graduate with a job, hopefully!
Reply 34
I have had an interview, but they had at least twice the amount of applicants this year with people coming with so much experience, some with 2 or more yrs in industry!

It's still early days for my applications though, I should hear from RHUL, Aberdeen and Imperial in the next week or so. I'll keep you updated.

I am on track for a 2:1, obv aiming for a 1st but they require a 2:1. As for funding I have no idea, I know I won't get scholorship, but the important thing for me is getting on the course itself first. I will just have to take a mixture of bank loan, parents, family etc. All will be worthwhile after I graduate with a job, hopefully!

Thanks for replying :smile:

I'm in a very similar boat to you next year (by the sounds of it). I have the choice of doing an undergraduate masters (MGeo) did you have this choice, and if so why did you decide against it?

If you didn't have this option available, would you have done it if possible?

Getting nervous now as i have to decide in the next few weeks or so. D:

Thanks!
Original post by ihateocr
Thanks for replying :smile:

I'm in a very similar boat to you next year (by the sounds of it). I have the choice of doing an undergraduate masters (MGeo) did you have this choice, and if so why did you decide against it?

If you didn't have this option available, would you have done it if possible?

Getting nervous now as i have to decide in the next few weeks or so. D:

Thanks!

Easy answer, I did have the option and straight up decided against it. MSci, was what mine was called. The reason why I chose against it was based on the opinions of the industry professionals I have spoken to. Straight up, the masters prepares you much more for the industry. Could not recommend a post grad msc any more over an under grad msc.
Original post by Monster Man
Thanks RockMaster. The petroleum geoscience program seems fantastic -- good luck!

Thanks! Like I said hopefully see you there.
Reply 37
Easy answer, I did have the option and straight up decided against it. MSci, was what mine was called. The reason why I chose against it was based on the opinions of the industry professionals I have spoken to. Straight up, the masters prepares you much more for the industry. Could not recommend a post grad msc any more over an under grad msc.

Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated.
Tempted to do both an undergrad and postgrad masters just to look even better then my peers :wink:
Reply 38
Anybody for MSc in Advanced Materials Science? If yes, have you received an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by messy1
applied for the MSc in statistics about 3 weeks ago. Any one have got the offer?

Got an offer on the 18th, good luck!

Applied early DEC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending