Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni-calling all fandoms!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by zazzles94
evil evil person :tongue: ( but to be honest i have done that too :rolleyes:)..the other day my sim died because they blew out the birthday candles and set themselves on fire!! crazy sims :P
uh oh..ive heard of reddit and it's addictiveness. I already have youtube for that so i'll have to be careful!

That's more realistic than having them look through a telescope for hours only to have them crushed by the moon, haha! When you find out who your room mates are you should totally create a sim doppelganger group... If anyone is a little frustrating you can always take out your anger on them, haha!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Jamflex
That's more realistic than having them look through a telescope for hours only to have them crushed by the moon, haha! When you find out who your room mates are you should totally create a sim doppelganger group... If anyone is a little frustrating you can always take out your anger on them, haha!

what?! ok that makes my issue seem very normal! haha good idea, make them spend their days stuck in a room with no doors :tongue: My names Amy btw :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by ScienceOwl
haha same I think for specifically biomedical and furness! Are you in the facebook group for biological sciences ? There's some biomeds there but biomedicals are hard to find, particularly in furness =l lol

I'm totally up to date for dexter, and way ahead of the tv show for GoT. Yeahh got some catching up to do for breaking bad :biggrin:

There isn't much going on in that group other than people trying to confirm their specific pathway choices... I'm really thankful that all of the units for Biomedical are compulsory, as it looks like everyone is having a really difficult time making their decision!

I still need to watch the episode of Dexter that was released today... I've been slacking at the gym and trying to figure out what I need for when I move up north! I'm coming from the outskirts of London, so it's a real move for me! Haha :smile:
Reply 43
what?! ok that makes my issue seem very normal! haha good idea, make them spend their days stuck in a room with no doors :tongue: My names Amy btw :smile:

Stays stuck in a room with no doors... Sounds like peace and quiet to me! I promise I'm not THAT anti-social, haha!

Salutations Amy, I'm James it's a pleasure to sort-of meet you! :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Jamflex
Stays stuck in a room with no doors... Sounds like peace and quiet to me! I promise I'm not THAT anti-social, haha!

Salutations Amy, I'm James it's a pleasure to sort-of meet you! :smile:

It is a pleasure to know you too :smile: I hope we could actually meet in real life in freshers week as we have a lot in common (you know, love for series, quiet, revenge on others etc..normal stuff) :tongue:
Reply 45
It is a pleasure to know you too :smile: I hope we could actually meet in real life in freshers week as we have a lot in common (you know, love for series, quiet, revenge on others etc..normal stuff) :tongue:

Revenge on others?! I have no idea what you're talking about... It's not like I'd put salt instead of sugar into someone's tea if they have upset me, I'm not a monster ya know! Though saying that I do have a few ideas of how to prank someone if it comes to it, mwahaha!

Where are you moving from out of curiosity? I'm coming from the outskirts of Landan!
Reply 46
Original post by Jamflex
Revenge on others?! I have no idea what you're talking about... It's not like I'd put salt instead of sugar into someone's tea if they have upset me, I'm not a monster ya know! Though saying that I do have a few ideas of how to prank someone if it comes to it, mwahaha!

Where are you moving from out of curiosity? I'm coming from the outskirts of Landan!

Sorry, I didn't explain that properly.:colondollar: I meant the whole 'make a sim into your flatmate' thing :tongue: oh I love typing! (sarcasm)

I'm coming from Liverpool, so only an hour away. Wow you have quite the journey! Do you arrive on Sat or Sun?
Reply 47
Sorry, I didn't explain that properly.:colondollar: I meant the whole 'make a sim into your flatmate' thing :tongue: oh I love typing! (sarcasm)

I'm coming from Liverpool, so only an hour away. Wow you have quite the journey! Do you arrive on Sat or Sun?

Oh no, I totally got it, I'm just messing about! :smile:

You're lucky, I've got a terribly long trip :frown: I won't be moving in until Sunday! A tad unfair if you ask me, as half of the university has an extra day to settle in! Which day are you moving in?
Reply 48
Original post by Jamflex
Oh no, I totally got it, I'm just messing about! :smile:

You're lucky, I've got a terribly long trip :frown: I won't be moving in until Sunday! A tad unfair if you ask me, as half of the university has an extra day to settle in! Which day are you moving in?

I move in on the Saturday :smile: yeah it doesn't seem quite fair! Oh well you'll still have the rest of the week to get situated into your new home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones, Florence and the Machine, The Elder Scrolls, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Pokemon (people will not see me from October 12th), American Horror Story (well tbh any thing to do with horror), Studio Ghibli, Digimon and Phineas and Ferb :colondollar:

Seriously who doesn't love Perry?

Perry_The_Platypus_by_Ubershinyshee.png

I do really like some of the stuff mentioned on this thread like TBBT I just don't love them as much
Reply 50
Original post by JordanS94
I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones, Florence and the Machine, The Elder Scrolls, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Pokemon (people will not see me from October 12th), American Horror Story (well tbh any thing to do with horror), Studio Ghibli, Digimon and Phineas and Ferb :colondollar:

Seriously who doesn't love Perry?

Perry_The_Platypus_by_Ubershinyshee.png

I do really like some of the stuff mentioned on this thread like TBBT I just don't love them as much

Hi! Platypuses are the greatest animals to have ever existed, how can you not love Perry?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Hi :smile:
So I don't know about you but I'm into a lot of TV, Films, internet stuff etc. I'm starting Lancaster this year and want someone I can 'fangirl' with :P
So whatever your passion may be let it be known here. You may find someone with similar interests to you :smile:

Me: Sherlock, TBBT, HIMYM, Doctor Who, Hunger Games, John Green....:colondollar:

ALL OF THE ABOVE! Also a massive Harry Potter fan and starting to get into Lord of the Rings too (almost finished Fellowship). It's great to see there are other fangirls going to Lancaster :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by iWriter3
ALL OF THE ABOVE! Also a massive Harry Potter fan and starting to get into Lord of the Rings too (almost finished Fellowship). It's great to see there are other fangirls going to Lancaster :biggrin:

Yaaaay :smile: ok can be my fangirl buddy for tbbt and HIMYM please? I have no one else :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Platypuses are the greatest animals to have ever existed, how can you not love Perry?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is platypuses correct? :curious: I thought it'd be something like platypi :lol:
Reply 54
Is platypuses correct? :curious: I thought it'd be something like platypi :lol:

As of today it has not been confirmed which is the correct way (platypuses, platypodes, platipi) so for now they're all acceptable (yes I love platypuses) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As of today it has not been confirmed which is the correct way (platypuses, platypodes, platipi) so for now they're all acceptable (yes I love platypuses) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously :eek: I will now forever use the world playpi

Is it the same for moose? I would really like to use meese .:ahee:
Reply 56
Seriously :eek: I will now forever use the world playpi

Is it the same for moose? I would really like to use meese .:ahee:

I agree, platypi does sound a lot better than platypuses :smile:

According to google, it's just moose. But people have been campaigning for it to be changed to 'meese' which I think sounds a lot better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Yaaaay :smile: ok can be my fangirl buddy for tbbt and HIMYM please? I have no one else :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh definitely! I think there are a few people on the Facebook groups who like Doctor Who and Sherlock, but I don't think I've seen anyone who likes TBBT or HIMYM :biggrin: What are you studying?
Reply 58
Original post by iWriter3
Ahh definitely! I think there are a few people on the Facebook groups who like Doctor Who and Sherlock, but I don't think I've seen anyone who likes TBBT or HIMYM :biggrin: What are you studying?

Me neither! I'm studying computer science :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree, platypi does sound a lot better than platypuses :smile:

According to google, it's just moose. But people have been campaigning for it to be changed to 'meese' which I think sounds a lot better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like there should be a campaign in Lancaster :lol: We'll call it Meese Awareness Day :gah:

Quick Reply