The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni-calling all fandoms!

Hi :smile:
So I don't know about you but I'm into a lot of TV, Films, internet stuff etc. I'm starting Lancaster this year and want someone I can 'fangirl' with :P
So whatever your passion may be let it be known here. You may find someone with similar interests to you :smile:

Me: Sherlock, TBBT, HIMYM, Doctor Who, Hunger Games, John Green....:colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like TBBT and Doctor Who, also Game of Thrones :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I like... Breaking Bad, Sherlock, 24, House of Cards (atm), Dexter (but this season's crap), Hunger Games (although I can't get into Mockingjay), I watch The Walking Dead (but it's a bit pants), The Apprentice.

Moving on from TV though I really like games, most kinds too; Pokemon, BioShock, StarCraft, Diablo and soon to be GTA V.

Games and TV are what I'd choose to do in my spare time which I'll have to fit around uni work and going to the gym.

...I'm not sure I;d count the gym as a passion, but I go to get in better shape and I had may aswell enjoy it, so it's a bit of a passion! (And this includes both cardio and weight training.)

A final passion would be The Smiths - I love them; I don't think they've made a bad song!
Reply 3
You guys are missing out! What about;

30 Rock? (Hilarious)
Parks and Recreation? (Amazing)
Criminal Minds? (Can be quite serious, but lovable characters)
Royal Pains? (A tad predictable, but when you watch this much television - what isn't?)
Suits? (Probably one of the highest rated shows out there)
Under the dome? (Started strong, but is becoming stranger by the episode)
Whose line is it anyway? (Restarted and simply fantastic)

I would recommend Anger Management with Charlie Sheen, but it's a bit so-so.

I'm eagerly awaiting for GoT, Grey's Anatomy and so many other shows it makes you wonder how I have time to study, go to the gym and socialize!

Besides the clearly obsessed part of the personality I have displayed here, how do you do?
Reply 4
Original post by DFarrell
I like TBBT and Doctor Who, also Game of Thrones :biggrin:

Hi! Nice to see another tbbt fan :smile: what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Jamflex
You guys are missing out! What about;

30 Rock? (Hilarious)
Parks and Recreation? (Amazing)
Criminal Minds? (Can be quite serious, but lovable characters)
Royal Pains? (A tad predictable, but when you watch this much television - what isn't?)
Suits? (Probably one of the highest rated shows out there)
Under the dome? (Started strong, but is becoming stranger by the episode)
Whose line is it anyway? (Restarted and simply fantastic)

I would recommend Anger Management with Charlie Sheen, but it's a bit so-so.

I'm eagerly awaiting for GoT, Grey's Anatomy and so many other shows it makes you wonder how I have time to study, go to the gym and socialize!

Besides the clearly obsessed part of the personality I have displayed here, how do you do?

Hi :smile: thanks for the recommendations! Haha I'm the same, so many interests :smile:what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Neon-Soldier32
I like... Breaking Bad, Sherlock, 24, House of Cards (atm), Dexter (but this season's crap), Hunger Games (although I can't get into Mockingjay), I watch The Walking Dead (but it's a bit pants), The Apprentice.

Moving on from TV though I really like games, most kinds too; Pokemon, BioShock, StarCraft, Diablo and soon to be GTA V.

Games and TV are what I'd choose to do in my spare time which I'll have to fit around uni work and going to the gym.

...I'm not sure I;d count the gym as a passion, but I go to get in better shape and I had may aswell enjoy it, so it's a bit of a passion! (And this includes both cardio and weight training.)

A final passion would be The Smiths - I love them; I don't think they've made a bad song!

Hi :smile: ahh sherlock, not enough episodes! Anyway, what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I’m a massive, obsessed, Doctor Who fan; I also like Starwars, Star Trek, Firefly, Red Dwarf, Monty Python and Sherlock.

I love philosophy and history as well as films and reading (Shakespeare, the Brontës)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
*whispers* Supernatural?

I LOVE Game of Thrones, though the books trump the TV series for me hands down!
Original post by zazzles94
Hi :smile: ahh sherlock, not enough episodes! Anyway, what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology and you?
Reply 10
Original post by Garrow1564
I’m a massive, obsessed, Doctor Who fan; I also like Starwars, Star Trek, Firefly, Red Dwarf, Monty Python and Sherlock.

I love philosophy and history as well as films and reading (Shakespeare, the Brontës)

Awesome! Excited for the 50th anniversary episode?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Neon-Soldier32
Psychology and you?

Computer science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Awesome! Excited for the 50th anniversary episode?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really am I cannot wait the anticipation :smile: I was hyper at the release of the poster and when they unveiled the 12th Doctor.
Reply 13
Original post by Garrow1564
I really am I cannot wait the anticipation :smile: I was hyper at the release of the poster and when they unveiled the 12th Doctor.

I'm the same :smile: and all the stuff BBC is doing over that weekend to commemorate it is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm the same :smile: and all the stuff BBC is doing over that weekend to commemorate it is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I’m very excited about how they continue the story; I loved the explanation of Clara, the “impossible girl” such a good way of including all of the classic Doctors too.
Reply 15
Original post by Jennejy
*whispers* Supernatural?

I LOVE Game of Thrones, though the books trump the TV series for me hands down!

As someone who watched the show before reading the books, I found the books quite boring, I gave up reading after the 2nd book
Hi! Nice to see another tbbt fan :smile: what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm studying IT for Creative Industries haha wbu? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by DFarrell
As someone who watched the show before reading the books, I found the books quite boring, I gave up reading after the 2nd book

I'm studying IT for Creative Industries haha wbu? :smile:

Computer science, so similar (ish) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hi :smile: thanks for the recommendations! Haha I'm the same, so many interests :smile:what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's no problem, I'm happy to help a fellow series enthusiast! My only worry, what with these amazing shows, is that you'll wind up focusing more on telly than studies!

I'll be studying Biomedical Science, so I'm hoping Grey's Anatomy comes back to give a boost for my motivation to study, haha! How about yourself?
Reply 18
Original post by Jamflex
It's no problem, I'm happy to help a fellow series enthusiast! My only worry, what with these amazing shows, is that you'll wind up focusing more on telly than studies!

I'll be studying Biomedical Science, so I'm hoping Grey's Anatomy comes back to give a boost for my motivation to study, haha! How about yourself?

Oh don't worry I'll only have myself to blame for that :') that's cool! I'm doing computer science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Computer science, so similar (ish) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice, would could possibly some of do the same modules/lectures then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending