The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bladex
I worked so hard, just doesn't make sense I lost over 1/3 of the marks, even though I thought that was my best exam out of them all, I can't remember a difficult question being in there, obviously there was, just couldn't believe it :frown:

Okay i found out myself... But i am doing the same as you, can't believe i lost all those marks probably a specific markscheme!
Original post by chemistrykid123
Okay i found out myself... But i am doing the same as you, can't believe i lost all those marks probably a specific markscheme!

I know how you feel I got an A in this a really rrally low one and I was convinced Id get an a* so I was shocked at this cause from what I can recall it was the easiest biol4 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akash16
I know how you feel I got an A in this a really rrally low one and I was convinced Id get an a* so I was shocked at this cause from what I can recall it was the easiest biol4 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree!
Hello guys,

I have recently done my AS biology AQA (got very high A - 95/100 Unit 1..and something in unit 2, cant remember)

Well, I wanted to ask if ANYONE HAS ANY USEFUL LINKS, REVISION NOTES AND SITES E.G. FROM THIS SITE OR ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB WHICH IS HELPFUL. - for A2

Please can you help- can send private message.
I got 83 ums (A)

Posted from TSR Mobile

For resources try sciencemathsweebly.com

Its got all aqa biological topics revision packs. It'll will definitely help you with A2.

Sources: I'm an A2 students. Got A in Biology (missed an A* by 3 ums)
Original post by cuty123
Hello guys,

I have recently done my AS biology AQA (got very high A - 95/100 Unit 1..and something in unit 2, cant remember)

Well, I wanted to ask if ANYONE HAS ANY USEFUL LINKS, REVISION NOTES AND SITES E.G. FROM THIS SITE OR ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB WHICH IS HELPFUL. - for A2

Please can you help- can send private message.

type "science maths master" in google then find biology at the top and then each unit will come up..it has packs for each topic e.g in biol4 photosynthesis, respiration, succession, inheritance and selection and so on...
its old syllabus stuff but its still so useful as some questions have actually cropped up in the new spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Akash16
type "science maths master" in google then find biology at the top and then each unit will come up..it has packs for each topic e.g in biol4 photosynthesis, respiration, succession, inheritance and selection and so on...
its old syllabus stuff but its still so useful as some questions have actually cropped up in the new spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are u off to do in September? :smile:
Original post by Helloyellowmello
What are u off to do in September? :smile:

dentistry at sheffield :biggrin: ..wbu?
Reply 3008
Hello I'm another AS Biology student starting on A2 Biology

I got a B at AS which I am dissapointed with. I got 90ums in BIOL1 but then got 70% in BIOL2 whatever that converts to in UMS.
If anyone has any tips on how to get an A at A2 or even an A* I will be grateful as I will do anything to get the A* in Biology!

How much harder is BIOL4 than BIOL2 in terms of difficulty and how much more content?
Original post by AhmedDavid

I got a B at AS which I am dissapointed with. I got 90ums in BIOL1 but then got 70% in BIOL2 whatever that converts to in UMS.
If anyone has any tips on how to get an A at A2 or even an A* I will be grateful as I will do anything to get the A* in Biology!

How much harder is BIOL4 than BIOL2 in terms of difficulty and how much more content?

Hey there, I also got a B at AS and then was able to move up to an A at A2!(4 UMS off A*!)

I personally found that BIOL4 was the easiest of all Biology exams I took, because the content is quite easy in all honesty. BIOL5 on the other hand, is quite tough and will definitely require some work. I don't really have any tips to give you other than do all past papers you can, make notes on everything until you can't forget it...but the most important thing is when doing past papers make sure you look at the mark schemes in detail. With AQA Biology there are a lot of key words which must be used to gain marks, so if you can learn the mark scheme that'll definitely help you out!
Original post by William Turtle
Well done :biggrin: I got an A*

Hi, Have any of you got notes we could use as I did disastrously in my AS's so will have to do all of them next summer. I really need help.:frown:
Original post by AhmedDavid

I got a B at AS and an A at A2

I Made notes from the Cgp book and textbook for all chapters and kept reading through it. Nearer to the exam dates I made notes based on what I got wrong/what commonly came up on exam papers and read these the day before and on the day of the exam.

Biol4 Is incredibly boring and will take a lot of willpower to revise for..I ended up not even making notes for a whole chapter cos it was so boring.

Biol5 however is much more interestig but also has a lot of content, so you should definitely start this early.

There's an essay in biol5 that's worth 25 marks. For that I just got lucky because I pretty much read the sample essay for one of the titles the morning of the exam lol, but for essays just do loads of practice essays and I wouldn't bother doin too much reading around lol ite not really nrcessary for the A* in bio5 as the grade boundaries are low anyway

Memorise the keywords for the mark schemes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chatty
Hi, Have any of you got notes we.could use as I did disastrously in my AS's so will have to do all of them next summer. I really need help.:frown:

I'm afraid not... most people burn them :biggrin:

Having someone else's notes won't help you much, though. Reading is not an effective learning method. There's not much I can think to say that I haven't said (very often) already. Past papers are key. I found writing lots of practice essays also helped. It's a good way of bringing together all you know, and writing notes on each topic I'd include beforehand was the best notes making strategy I had.
Original post by bladex
Yeah I got told you can request a COPY of your paper, if you get your original paper back, you can't then get it remarked, so I'm getting a copy and then if I feel like its worth it I'll get a remark. And I think the deadlines are late September time.

Have you got your photocopy back yet?
Original post by chemistrykid123
Have you got your photocopy back yet?

Not yet I'll probably be getting it when I go back to school because I'm resitting year 13 :frown: gutted with my results :frown:
Original post by bladex
Not yet I'll probably be getting it when I go back to school because I'm resitting year 13 :frown: gutted with my results :frown:

I got mine back yesterday and picked it up from school today, the aqa marking is aweful to read they have the word 'tick' in the most smallest font OCR much better!!
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending