The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when their EMPA is yet?

Also after everyone has had their mocks do you think anyone will be able to upload the June 2013 paper with the mark scheme as our school does not allow us to actually keep our mocks ?
Reply 41
Does anyone have the June 2013 paper...
Original post by TheGreaterGood

Also after everyone has had their mocks do you think anyone will be able to upload the June 2013 paper with the mark scheme as our school does not allow us to actually keep our mocks ?

What's EMPA? Is this for AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raymankiing
What's EMPA? Is this for AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it is for AQA. It is like ISA but marked externally lool
Reply 44
I've been looking for this thread! I'm glad to have finally found it :biggrin:
How are you guys doing with the revision?
Original post by Matt_J
I've been looking for this thread! I'm glad to have finally found it :biggrin:
How are you guys doing with the revision?

Its going well, just have inheritance to cover but its all a lot to learn! :s-smilie:
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When is everyone going to start past papers?

I have my mocks next month so I hope to start past papers within the next two weeks.
Original post by The.Joker
When is everyone going to start past papers?

I have my mocks next month so I hope to start past papers within the next two weeks.

I wouldn't use them up too early. Just use them when u feel you're ready because they are quite valuable.

Personally I'm not starting them until I feel I know the spec inside out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Also taking this exam! Hello fellow Biologists :wavey:
Reply 49
Original post by TheGreaterGood

Mines the 1st of May. Way later than last year's! Wish it was earlier to get it done :sadnod:

When's yours?
Can someone please post June 2013 Paper and Mark Scheme? :waffo:
Original post by FutureMedic1009
I wouldn't use them up too early. Just use them when u feel you're ready because they are quite valuable.

Personally I'm not starting them until I feel I know the spec inside out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I plan to use two or three only, nearer to mocks. I feel ok with the content but I just need to keep going over it and practice application Qs.

I'll probably start doing all the papers from end of April/early May.
I plan to use two or three only, nearer to mocks. I feel ok with the content but I just need to keep going over it and practice application Qs.

I'll probably start doing all the papers from end of April/early May.

Sounds good! I just hate being rushed into doing papers -.- especially when teachers are feeling lazy and can't be bothered to give proper work so just make u do the papers before they've even covered the topics properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds good! I just hate being rushed into doing papers -.- especially when teachers are feeling lazy and can't be bothered to give proper work so just make u do the papers before they've even covered the topics properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same here, I like doing past papers when I'm ready and once all the content is covered. I'm happy that unit 4 is covered so I have a long, long time to prepare for the exam.

I'm worried about when my teachers will finish unit 5 though. As well as preparing for the essay. :s-smilie:
Yeah same here, I like doing past papers when I'm ready and once all the content is covered. I'm happy that unit 4 is covered so I have a long, long time to prepare for the exam.

I'm worried about when my teachers will finish unit 5 though. As well as preparing for the essay. :s-smilie:

So far judging by what I've seen of unit 5 it seems far more interesting and enjoyable than the content in unit 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far judging by what I've seen of unit 5 it seems far more interesting and enjoyable than the content in unit 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really enjoying some aspects of unit 5, I love the neuron stuff but I don't really enjoy the DNA sections though.

Unit 4 is ok, I hate populations, inheritance and hardy weinberg-so boring!
I'm really enjoying some aspects of unit 5, I love the neuron stuff but I don't really enjoy the DNA sections though.

Unit 4 is ok, I hate populations, inheritance and hardy weinberg-so boring!

I think I'm enjoying unit 5 more just because it's more to do with anatomy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
How much does the muscle contraction cost?
ATP.
Original post by walkers38
Can someone please post June 2013 Paper and Mark Scheme? :waffo:

THIS :thumbsup:
Original post by saraw26
Mines the 1st of May. Way later than last year's! Wish it was earlier to get it done :sadnod:

When's yours?

Hii :biggrin:

I don't remember my teacher giving an exact date but I think it might be some time in April if I remember correctly :confused:

IKr I'm sure it was around March time or something last year but I don't know.

what topic are you currently on now? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending