The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Magenta96
Is there an existing BIOL4, 2014 thread already? I tried looking for one but can't seem to find any and don't want to make a duplicate.

I don't think there is :biggrin:
Reply 3
Does anyone know the best way to prepare for this exam...having done revision? I only remember everything in my folder off the top of my head then when it comes to questions i panic :frown: I only scrape A's by like 3 marks
Reply 4
Hi, I am a private candidate and was wondering if any of your teachers have started preparing you for the AQA A2 ISAs and where is everyone upto in unit 4 revision ?
Reply 5
Original post by Akash16
Does anyone know the best way to prepare for this exam...having done revision? I only remember everything in my folder off the top of my head then when it comes to questions i panic :frown: I only scrape A's by like 3 marks

I think it would be best to memorize the mark scheme inorder pick up on 2,3 marks as the AQA is very specific on key words and phrases and I would suggest you not to rely on your notes that you make at college. Read the nelsons textbook and also use the CGP Revision guide too. I Hope that helps !
How is everyone's revision coming along :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys started some exam style questions for chap 4 respiration;
come across 2 hard questions , could someone pls explain 4)b) iii
Original post by FutureMedic1009
How is everyone's revision coming along :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

By revision you do mean just revisiting the chapters we have learnt right? because i haven't finished the whole of unit 4 yet lol i don't think unit 4 is too bad, it's quite straight forward. Unit 5 is a bit more difficult but really interesting :biggrin: how's your revision going?
Original post by Tee Logan x
By revision you do mean just revisiting the chapters we have learnt right? because i haven't finished the whole of unit 4 yet lol i don't think unit 4 is too bad, it's quite straight forward. Unit 5 is a bit more difficult but really interesting :biggrin: how's your revision going?

Yeah just revisiting any topics u may want to become more confident on really. Personally find unit 5 much more interesting! Gonna go on a hardcore revision spree from now till after Xmas for my mocks! You have mocks after Xmas too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just revisiting any topics u may want to become more confident on really. Personally find unit 5 much more interesting! Gonna go on a hardcore revision spree from now till after Xmas for my mocks! You have mocks after Xmas too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same! and yes me too, i have no mocks but i really want to get a good grade in bio :smile: the earlier the revision starts the better so might as well- esp because i don't have anything to do over Christmas :smile: i remember you from the BIO2/BIO1 thread, where did you apply for Med?
Yeah same! and yes me too, i have no mocks but i really want to get a good grade in bio :smile: the earlier the revision starts the better so might as well- esp because i don't have anything to do over Christmas :smile: i remember you from the BIO2/BIO1 thread, where did you apply for Med?

Definitely agree with you there! Leaves more time for questions, questions and more questions haha. I presume you're taking chem too? How's the revision for that coming along? I decided to apply next year mate :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely agree with you there! Leaves more time for questions, questions and more questions haha. I presume you're taking chem too? How's the revision for that coming along? I decided to apply next year mate :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! lol yes i am, urghhh gross :tongue: i'm finding chemistry so difficult :frown: it's like no matter how much revision i do, i'm not really improving after a certain point. I hate unit 5-thermodynamics with a passion :biggrin: wbu? oh i see, i applied to Imperial, Barts, Kings, and Notts. BMAT results were rubbish though so i've already decided Impy is out of the picture lol
Exactly! lol yes i am, urghhh gross :tongue: i'm finding chemistry so difficult :frown: it's like no matter how much revision i do, i'm not really improving after a certain point. I hate unit 5-thermodynamics with a passion :biggrin: wbu? oh i see, i applied to Imperial, Barts, Kings, and Notts. BMAT results were rubbish though so i've already decided Impy is out of the picture lol

Sounds great! :O

Yeah chemistry is horrible atm 😩 I think I need a lot more practice before I'll be up to standard with it tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds great! :O

Yeah chemistry is horrible atm ������ I think I need a lot more practice before I'll be up to standard with it tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw well it's nice to know it's not just me :tongue: good luck with it all :smile:
Aw well it's nice to know it's not just me :tongue: good luck with it all :smile:

Just out of interest, have you come across a unit 5 bio or unit 5 chem thread as of yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of interest, have you come across a unit 5 bio or unit 5 chem thread as of yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, sad times. There's a CHEM4 thread though :smile:
got my unit 4 mock exam tomorrow, just found out about this gem of a website - http://vbio.weebly.com/

would really recommend it for all AQA bio students :biggrin:

also - how unlucky is it that our exam is on Friday the 13th?! :frown::frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2176162

You might find this useful :smile:

I've been finding it hard because it's mainly application, it's better to practise questions. Hope this helps, they have helped me
Reply 19
Guys biol4 is sooo hard :frown: i dont get application one bit. Last year at as i scraped an "a" by a few marks but just really struggling in how to prepare for biol4 tbh..i can memorise it all but still wont help meh :frown:

Latest