The Student Room Group

Are you a Cambridge student?

Hello and welcome to the Cambridge forum! We have a thread exclusively for Cantabrigians past and present, currently called The Cambridge Chat Thread's Starter for Ten - 'No, you lose five points!'. You'll find a very friendly bunch sometimes chatting about Cambridge, sometimes about other things... come say hi / introduce yourself / moan / procrastinate / invite each other to dinner.

If you're willing to occasionally answer applicant questions then there's a really helpful thing you can do: find the thread for your course and the thread for your college and then watch / subscribe to them. We'd appreciate this so much that it's hard to put it into words: it means that when every few months someone comes along with an obscure question about your course or college you'll quickly see their post (without having to manually check the threads for new posts). Of course it's up to you whether you actually choose to reply!

click here for instructions on how to subscribe to threads

These course and college threads have a second purpose as chat threads for students on the course (i.e. for you!) but in practise this hasn't happened much yet (though people do occasionally ask for advice on options, etc). You might want to post a brief hello on these threads, just so others know they're not dead and there's someone keeping an eye on them.

Other popular threads you might want to be aware of are What do you want to know about Cambridge?, The Big 'Which Cambridge College?' Thread and The Big "Are My Grades Good Enough for Cambridge?" Thread Of course there's no shortage of other threads too...

If you wish, there's a several more ways you can help out: turn your eye to the Cambridge wiki pages on TSR. It's like Wikipedia, the pages are there for you to edit! You might want to go write about your college or course, but help with the more general articles and information would always be extremely welcome. You might also want to add yourself to the current students contact list, contribute to A Week in the Life: Cambridge edition or upload your personal statement to TSR's library.

Sorry for that barrage of information. Don't worry if this intro doesn't make too much sense, feel free to ignore me - people managed to find their way around the forum for the nine years before I wrote this! But if you have any questions whatsoever about how things work then never hesitate to ask... or just cross your fingers and hope! Have fun!
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest