The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Foundation Courses?

Hello, guys,

First of all: my situation is very, very dire in regards to my acceptance chances, and I acknowledge it. However, I just wanted to check a few things out.

Does LSE accept a lot of students who did a Foundation Course? How are my real chances?

I'm a student from Brazil who's going to do a Foundation Course from INTO Manchester on January 2nd.

With LSE's deadline being on the 15th of January, I have very little time to do anything about my grades. By a miracle, suppose that my teachers predict my grades within 12 days, and that I submit it through UCAS.

I still have to do a Personal Statement, though. That's an even bigger problem. Brazil is a f***** ****hole. In my age, there are no opportunities for internships or anything related to my course, not even if I try it. With that in mind, I've already gone in depression with the amount of prodigy statements from people that have traveled around the world, discovered a cure for cancer, eradicated famine in Africa, and saved a box full of kittens from death. I could only do something academically related, but my educational system obligates us to superficially study every High School subject, so I wouldn't be able to do an outstanding essay, in my opinion.

I guess I won't do it, anyway. I just wanted to make sure of my potential failure. I think I'd be happier if you told me that my chances are slim, so I'd forget this matter once and for all.

Manchester is going to be much easier. It's still a good university, right? I know that it can't be compared to LSE's standards, but I think I'll be able to do a good course.

Thank you very much, and sorry for the long text.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey! I'm an international student as well, Russia) so, I know some foundation students who received offers from LSE, but I need to warn you, it is VERY rare. I know only 1 girl, she applied to Law. So if you want to study economics, you probably will be rejected as it is very competitive.
do not worry about work or charity experience, me and almost all my friends did not have it and we got offers from LSE, UCL, Bath, Bristol, Warwick, Durham, ie almost all top ones. So good luck!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending