The Student Room Group

KFC part time job

I applied to my local KFC for part time work and got phoned for a 'Phone Interview' at the time I was on the train so the manager who phoned me said they would phone back on saturday. On saturday I got no call so gave it sunday to see if I'd misheard or they'd been busy. On monday at my lunch break I phoned back to see what was going on, it turned out they'd forgot and they said they would phone me around 4 o'clock. At around 7 o'clock after again not being phoned back I phoned the restraunt to find out that both managers were at an assessment centre. Am I right in thinking this is where groups of potential employees are interviewed? and if so is there any chance of me getting the job if I've missed the team building activities ect that I've heard go on? Any help will be really appreciated!
Reply 1
Yes, you are totally correct.
They will call you without a phone interview and invite you to a group interview which can last up to two hours or possibly more. I attended one approximately 3 weeks ago and really enjoyed it, felt like fun.
In the end I got the job, after receiving a call 2 hours after my interview and however declined due to receiving a better offer from Toys R Us.
Assessment means you are one step away from possibly getting the job, so try and rearrange the day.
Hope this helps and good luck.:smile:
P.S try another branch.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Try somewhere else as you just missed the boat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending