The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK Medicine Applicants 2014

Hi. This post is for applicants who are applying to HKU/CUHK through the non-jupas scheme into their medicine programs for 2014 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi i'm just wondering whether or not it's compulsory to take the UKCAT/BMAT for the application for medicine?
Reply 2
Original post by bambi77122
hi i'm just wondering whether or not it's compulsory to take the UKCAT/BMAT for the application for medicine?

No it isn't. They predominantly look at ur gce results for selection

Posted from TSR Mobile
what grades do successful applicants usually have in their GCSEs and AS? cos im rather worried about my application with only 4A*, 3A and 3B in GCSE :'(
Reply 4
Original post by Hanson_Chan
No it isn't. They predominantly look at ur gce results for selection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah great! thanks for the info :smile: im just going to concentrate on my A2 course then. im assuming you're planning to apply for medicine at the 2 unis as well?
Reply 5
Original post by statisticsgo
what grades do successful applicants usually have in their GCSEs and AS? cos im rather worried about my application with only 4A*, 3A and 3B in GCSE :'(

From what I've read in the past statistics, applicants are expected to have at least 8A* for their GCSEs and achieving high UMS for their AS. But bear in mind if you're planning to apply for medicine, it is compulsory to do 4 A-levels. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 6
I am currently a year one medical student at Durham. I failed to get into hku n cuhk last year. This year I am hoping to apply for transfer into their year two. This is going to be a long shot but I really want to study in HK..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any statistics showing the grades achieved by successful applicants to MBBS or MBChBS in GCSE and A Level?
Reply 8
For the HKU medicine personal statement, it states on the website that you could write about your reasons for choosing Medicine AND HKU. I was wondering they like applicants who write about their reasons for choosing HKU?
Reply 9
Original post by mli26
For the HKU medicine personal statement, it states on the website that you could write about your reasons for choosing Medicine AND HKU. I was wondering they like applicants who write about their reasons for choosing HKU?

they dont put much emphasis on your personal statement, the only factor that can get you an interview and the offer will be your academic merit. as long as your ps isnt absolute nonsense you shd be fine
Reply 10
Hi Guys I'm applying to HKU medicine! I hold american qualifications (AP/SAT).
Reply 11
Any current medical students in HKU?
Reply 12
Applied to HKU last year and got rejected after interviews :frown:

Reapplying to HKU and CUHK this year, fingers crossed, hope it goes better! Anyone else applying via fast track to HKU?
Reply 13
any interview invites yet?
Reply 14
Anyone else got interview next week?
Reply 15
Had anyone received an invitation for the interview for the HKU MBBS fast track?
Reply 16
Original post by YKW
Had anyone received an invitation for the interview for the HKU MBBS fast track?

Yes, so you are on the fast track as well?
Reply 17
Original post by Andyam

Yes. I haven't got any invitation!
Reply 18
Original post by Andyam

When did you get the interview invitation?
Reply 19
Original post by YKW
Yes. I haven't got any invitation!

I hope you don't mind me asking you when the interview date is and what your UMS scores of the individual subjects are. I'm really worried as I have no news about the interview at all.

Quick Reply