The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for adult nursing in Scotland in 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maizie
Snap! Where are you coming from & what age are you if you don't mind me asking?

I am coming from Cumbernauld & I am 42.

Im coming from Castlemilk! And im only 17:frown: thats the bad thing aswell feel so young compared to everyone else! At the testing day everyone was much older i felt like a child haha!
Reply 581
That's no bad thing. You have youth, exuberance & energy on your side! I feel like I am going to be the oldest! And totally out my depth.
i start in september at paisley too:smile: i'm 23!
Reply 583
Original post by shh!
Hiya, I'm in the same boat. I'm not doing the same course, but going to Paisley. I looked on the UWS website, and it's saying something about an induction meeting? Anyone know anything about this? x

I think we do it all on the 15th September but not too sure x
Reply 584
Can anyone doing the Adult Nursing course at UWS(Paisley Campus) send me a message or something, please? Would be great to get to know some of you before we actually start x
did you have an interview and test or?
Hi to all you new starts! I was just wondering if anyone starting at UWS Hamilton is looking for accommodation? x
Yeah I got accepted for the university west of Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by tgraham
Can anyone doing the Adult Nursing course at UWS(Paisley Campus) send me a message or something, please? Would be great to get to know some of you before we actually start x
hi im 30 and start at paisley also in sept im near paisley so if u want advice on parking etc let me know. Louise
Reply 589
Original post by scottlapping90
i start in september at paisley too:smile: i'm 23!

Brill im 30 and nervous! R u near paisley? Im near paisley. Louise
i am quite nervous too! just about the first day really then once i get that over and done with i will be fine. what were you doing before louise?
p.s i'm ten minutes from paisley literally across the erskine bridge and i'm there:smile:
Reply 592
Original post by scottlapping90
p.s i'm ten minutes from paisley literally across the erskine bridge and i'm there:smile:
Im same johnstone so very close. Was a nursery nurse until i had my kids and ive worked in 2 hospitals weekend shifts only since they came along so its going 2 be a huge adjustment for me but looking forward 2 it, how about u?
well i done my first year of mental health nursing at stirling uni before encountering family problems, so i came back to glasgow and I worked in a brain injury rehabilitation unit with a mixture of psychiatric patients/acutely unwell and those looking to get back out in the community for 2 years and for the past roughly 6 months i've been working for the nhs in radiology as an assistant in ultrasound/ct/intervention:smile: so got a good wee mix on the go!
I was hoping someone could advise me who is due to or has started on the mental health nursing programme at Stirling. What are the placement shifts like? The working times/ shifts? Also how often are you at the campus for teaching? Is it every day? I would like to know a rough guide to the timetable so I can consider this course. I have a daughter and I am trying to work out if I would be able to do the course in the next few years. Are there night shifts involved in the course? Do students work weekends? The University sadly does not return my email queries I have tried contacting them a few times and they don't reply. Thanks all.
Reply 595
Is anyone on here doing the msc starting in jan 2015?
Reply 596
Original post by jen2104
Is anyone on here doing the msc starting in jan 2015?

Hi Jen,
I think people on this thread are all starting.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2747409
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KirstyL18
Im coming from Castlemilk! And im only 17:frown: thats the bad thing aswell feel so young compared to everyone else! At the testing day everyone was much older i felt like a child haha!

Hey are you getting excited yet about Monday I am!x
Hi
i am hoping to start mental health nursing at uws hamilton next year can anyone tell me when i should be applying for this.
thanks
Hi. You can apply when the UCAS start later this month for taking applications for next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending