The Student Room Group

Medicine at Cambridge dilemma

Hello everyone,

I'm having real trouble deciding on my subjects. I have just started college and am doing 5 A-levels; Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Geography. I have now realised that physics is not really what I want to do (although I did get an A* at GCSE). But the thing is, I really want to have a chance at getting in to Cambridge, and am worried that by dropping physics, I will lower my chances. Does anyone know anyone (or maybe themselves) who have got in to Cambridge to do Medicine with Biology, Chemistry, Maths and another facilitating subject (preferably geography)?

Thanks so much everyone!
Original post by Dr_in_the_making
Hello everyone,
I'm having real trouble deciding on my subjects. I have just started college and am doing 5 A-levels; Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Geography. I have now realised that physics is not really what I want to do (although I did get an A* at GCSE). But the thing is, I really want to have a chance at getting in to Cambridge, and am worried that by dropping physics, I will lower my chances. Does anyone know anyone (or maybe themselves) who have got in to Cambridge to do Medicine with Biology, Chemistry, Maths and another facilitating subject (preferably geography)?
Thanks so much everyone!

You need very good UMS in three sciences (chosen from chem, phys, bio, maths) to get into Cambridge (see wiki article on 'a level requirements'). Different colleges have different requirements, but none demand physics AFAIK, so dropping physics won't be an issue if you do the other three. HTH, and good luck with your studies.
Reply 2
Original post by Dr_in_the_making
Hello everyone,

Thanks so much everyone!

I am a second year Cambridge medic and I received an offer whilst studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths, German and General Studies to A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending