The Student Room Group

Does unflavoured myprotein whey taste ok?

i am thinking of getting the unflavoured impact whey protein from myprotein. i have previously got flavoured versions but unflavoured is about £11 cheaper than flavoured (for 5kg), contains 3% more protein and won't have any artificial sweeteners or sugar in.

i have read some reviews and some say the unflavoured tastes ok and some say the unflavoured doesnt taste good. i will always be mixing it in with milk. for anyone who has tried unflavoured does it taste ok with milk? or if there is a flavour that you particularly recommend which would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In my experience unflavoured tastes disgusting but my brother in law said the Myprotein one tastes creamy. What you can get on Myprotein is the different flavourings you can add separate.

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/flavdrops/10530471.html

They're really nice!
Doesn't it depend also on whether you add either water or milk to it?!!
Reply 3
Original post by James A
Doesn't it depend also on whether you add either water or milk to it?!!

My brother uses water and it's still creamy. So I'm guessing milk would be nicer.
Reply 4
It's not nice but it's not awful - I've used it for years but I consider myself a hard kunt. You can always add nesquik...
Original post by HFerguson
It's not nice but it's not awful - I've used it for years but I consider myself a hard kunt. You can always add nesquik...

+1
It's not an easy taste to handle for sure, i've drank worse things. Definitely best with milk rather than water if at all.

Would highly recommend having a flavoured one like smooth chocolate, a few quid isn't the end of the world and it'll make your shakes SO much nicer to drink.
Reply 7
I'll be able to tell you in an hour :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by imperialmint
i am thinking of getting the unflavoured impact whey protein from myprotein. i have previously got flavoured versions but unflavoured is about £11 cheaper than flavoured (for 5kg), contains 3% more protein and won't have any artificial sweeteners or sugar in.

i have read some reviews and some say the unflavoured tastes ok and some say the unflavoured doesnt taste good. i will always be mixing it in with milk. for anyone who has tried unflavoured does it taste ok with milk? or if there is a flavour that you particularly recommend which would it be?

If you're serious about gains just ignore the taste and chug it down, but maybe add some stevia or truvia (zero calorie natural sweeteners) or some peanut butter
ive mostly had unflavoured. most of them taste bad so i add a little nestle milkshake powder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
NO!!!

Do not get it!!

I made that mistake. Slightly more protein. I'm a man, I will handle it.

I couldn't. Its sickening. Absolutely bloody disgusting.

Do not make the same mistake I did.
Reply 11
Ok, I've just had my first shake with this unflavoured myprotein.

All these pussys saying how horrible it is and take it like a man haha, what a load of bull****.

While it's not "nice" it's far from horrible. Think of it as watered down milk, very watered down in fact. It is fairly tasteless but definitely palatable. I had it with tap water which was fine. I'll be trying it with cold white tea in the morning.

One serving down 199 to go :biggrin:
Reply 12
Not bad, i add a lil banana cause of my macros
Reply 13
I'm surprised how offensive people here find the taste. To me, unflavoured whey is just a creamy, milky, malty sort of flavour - I actually much prefer it to most of the flavoured wheys I had in the past, which were all sickly-sweet and tasted like cough medicine, horrible stuff.

I haven't bought any whey for a long time now but if I was going to again I'd definitely get some unflavoured stuff.

Perhaps you can order a small sample to try it, OP? I think places like bulkpowders give you free samples of your choice when you place your first order.
Original post by imperialmint

It's fine.

If I want to get stupid lean it constitutes around 80% of my caloric intake 5 days/week. I've probably drunk more unflavoured MP shakes than anyone else on the internet.

I actually quite like them.
Reply 15
Original post by Old School
If I want to get stupid lean

pics pls
Original post by NB_ide
pics pls

I am not stupid lean currently (rather soft and squidgy actually) and have no intention of dieting again for at least another 9 months.

Sorry brah.
Original post by Xarren
NO!!!

Do not get it!!

I made that mistake. Slightly more protein. I'm a man, I will handle it.

I couldn't. Its sickening. Absolutely bloody disgusting.

Do not make the same mistake I did.

You're no man

Original post by Zenzic
Ok, I've just had my first shake with this unflavoured myprotein.

All these pussys saying how horrible it is and take it like a man haha, what a load of bull****.

While it's not "nice" it's far from horrible. Think of it as watered down milk, very watered down in fact. It is fairly tasteless but definitely palatable. I had it with tap water which was fine. I'll be trying it with cold white tea in the morning.

One serving down 199 to go :biggrin:

I think of it as Milk's foreign cousin.

It's fine.

If I want to get stupid lean it constitutes around 80% of my caloric intake 5 days/week. I've probably drunk more unflavoured MP shakes than anyone else on the internet.

I actually quite like them.

dat dere PSMF
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
its ok man. I just finished off a 2.5kg bag yesterday. all I do is add a bit of cocoa to it and it tastes like super rich hot chocolate when mixed with milk.
Reply 19
I am not stupid lean currently (rather soft and squidgy actually) and have no intention of dieting again for at least another 9 months.

Sorry brah.

And you didn't even take a few last time you got silly lean?

If I ever got silly lean I'd be sure to document it.

Quick Reply

Latest