The Student Room Group

What do i do?

i've just started university, i feel like its not right, what should i do? what are my alternatives?
Reply 1
You could switch to a different course (most universities let you do that in the first term if you're quick enough), transfer to a different uni, or drop out and consider your options. You could go into work, do an apprenticeship, etc.
Reply 2
Try sticking at it for more than a few days or at least until your actual work starts...?
Don't mean that in a condescending way, but you definitely have not had the time to make that choice.
If you are sure that the course is not right you can change my brother did that from computing to BIT because he thought he would never pass the programming unit
Why do you think it is not right?
What is making you feel it's not right? The course or the uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely wait until you've actually had the first week of lectures. My freshers week last year was awful, wasnt eating properly, wasnt sleeping properly, still was convinced that they'd accepted me via UCAS by accident and that I shouldn't/ didn't deserve to be there,
Sorry, but it feels 'not right'? How can you make this decision right now? You'd be a bit foolish to drop out right now before you've had an chance to acclimatise. At least stick at it til Christmas, after all you've put work in to get there like personal statement, research etc :s-smilie: It's like quitting a job after three days.
Reply 8
Original post by JennaEmBee
Sorry, but it feels 'not right'? How can you make this decision right now? You'd be a bit foolish to drop out right now before you've had an chance to acclimatise. At least stick at it til Christmas, after all you've put work in to get there like personal statement, research etc :s-smilie: It's like quitting a job after three days.

Not everyone is as rational as you and me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Not everyone is as rational as you and me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, I'll try again.

OP, what's wrong with uni? What has happened so far? Do you not get along with the others? Do you not like your living arrangements? Are you home sick? Tell us what's not right bout it for you. Would you rather do a different course?
Reply 10
Original post by JennaEmBee
Ok, I'll try again.

OP, what's wrong with uni? What has happened so far? Do you not get along with the others? Do you not like your living arrangements? Are you home sick? Tell us what's not right bout it for you. Would you rather do a different course?

i feel the course isn't for me and that it dosn't matter how much i tell myself it is for me it isn't and i cant take much more im not going through 3 years of something i dont enjoy, im going back and getting more ucas points to get into a better university and a course which i enjoy

Quick Reply

Latest