The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Anyone managed to access the maths diagnostic test?

Hi guys,
I tried to access the diagnostic test using my ITS account but somehow my access was refused. I wondered if it is the same for everybody else?
It worked fine for me this afternoon so if it doesn't work you might have to drop them an email :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Math-Magician
It worked fine for me this afternoon so if it doesn't work you might have to drop them an email :smile:

Is this the page you access
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/modules/st1/st116/resources/diagnostic/onlinetests/

If not, can you please give me the correct link?
No idea why they make you do these, they are easier than a-level papers and if you've gotten your 2 or more in any STEP, there's no way you can fail these....Not that failing has any consequence...
Reply 5
Original post by In One Ear
No idea why they make you do these, they are easier than a-level papers and if you've gotten your 2 or more in any STEP, there's no way you can fail these....Not that failing has any consequence...

You'd be surprised how many people fail them.
Original post by BlueSam3

Really? How do you know? Just asking people? Its the most basic of trig and integration/differentiation IIRC. I don't see how you can get A*A*+2 in step then fail this merely months later...
Original post by BlueSam3

On one of them 8/10 was a pass and that's exactly what I got :wink:

I even put -2/4 = -2, when of course it equals -1/2 :rolleyes:

I think I had about 2 hours sleep last night so obviously that didn't help.
Reply 8
Really? How do you know? Just asking people? Its the most basic of trig and integration/differentiation IIRC. I don't see how you can get A*A*+2 in step then fail this merely months later...

A few years ago this test was done on paper in lecture theatres. One person failed because they forgot +c in all the integration questions. Also there is no formula book so you'd struggle if you rely on that too much. Plus people might simply forget after a few months without practice after the exams.
Reply 9

Yeah, talking to people. Most of the reasons given amount to variations on "doing them whilst hungover".

Quick Reply

Latest