The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Another worrying prospective student :)

Hi
As the title suggests.
Anyway erm..I had some chemistry exams on Monday. I don't think they went well and I was wondering if anyone will back up my Geology/Env.Sci teachers comments. I want to study BSc Geoscience btw.
I told her that I did badly in my chem exams, like one of them I'm sure I failed ON THE BASIS that I answered about half of or mabye 2/3rds of the questions. I missed out an 11 mark question at the end of my Chains, rings and spectroscopy paper and some other big point questions. Personally I don't think 1 and a half hours was long enough but I would only have picked up a few extra marks as it is. I also don't think I did well in Unifying Concepts so I probably got an E in that. If I couple this with my other chem exams next Monday plus AS I reckon I'll come away with a D/E at A-Level. In geology I'll probably get a B/C/D I reckon and in AS Env.Sci a C to pair with my D at AS Computing. With all this in mind I reckon I'm on target for a B/C, D, C/D
I require a BBC to get onto the course. I know that about 75% of people don't make the grades required.
My teacher said that although I think I'll have grades WELL below what I require most people still get onto their prefered cources at their prefered Unis and I was wondering if any1 here could back it up with similar experiences or do they know someone who was similar to this. I know there is a person on the course who required BCC and got BCD but mine will probably, but not definitely be, lower than this.
Leeds is my first choice btw.
Thanks for any comments

matt@internet

Latest