The Student Room Group

Can you retake coursework?

Basically I got a D in my product design AS and I need to get it up at least a C! I know that I'm ten marks off and I'd much rather retake the coursework than the exam, can I do this? and if so how, is it like retaking an exam?
Reply 1
While I don't know that course in particular, I imagine you'll be able to retake the coursework, you can in a lot of other subjects. Why don't you have a chat with your teacher about it and see what your options are? :smile:
Reply 2
Usually, yes. Was it practical or written coursework ?? I know written coursework is a lot easier (and probably cheaper) to redo - I redid my AS written biology coursework, which was the same price to redo as an exam.
You're usually able to, via school, although you do have to pay (usually, though my school never even charged people in the end for their exam resits). I'd advise speaking to your GCSE teacher/exams officer/head of year, as they're likely to know more about the practicality :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rachel0
While I don't know that course in particular, I imagine you'll be able to retake the coursework, you can in a lot of other subjects. Why don't you have a chat with your teacher about it and see what your options are? :smile:

Unfortunately my teachers don't really know:-/
Reply 5
Original post by nic-nac
Usually, yes. Was it practical or written coursework ?? I know written coursework is a lot easier (and probably cheaper) to redo - I redid my AS written biology coursework, which was the same price to redo as an exam.

I did do practical but you write about it in your coursework and that is what is assessed I believe:-)
Reply 6
Original post by Alindsey
I did do practical but you write about it in your coursework and that is what is assessed I believe:-)

Then it's probably still doable, but probably more difficult to arrange (as you would probably have to be supervised) and possibly more expensive as they might charge you for materials.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending