The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth applicants 2014!

Howdy! :biggrin: I couldn't find a thread for 2014 applicants, so here we go!

I've already finished my A levels, and I'll be applying for environmental sciences. I love the city of Plymouth, and can't wait to apply. What are you looking to study? Anyone coming to the open day on the 19th October? :biggrin:

---
Connect to University of Plymouth here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to the 19th October open day, looking at Architecture
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
im going to the open day on the 19th also, looking at teaching :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by RachelLouise :)
im going to the open day on the 19th also, looking at teaching :biggrin:

Oh, that's cool! :biggrin: Where else are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 4
I'm going to the open day on the 19th, looking at Geology! I'm also applying to Portsmouth and Kingston.
Hello! & yeah I will be there on the 19th & looking to do Education studies :smile:

Posted from TSR M
Reply 6
Original post by ChemicalBond
Howdy! :biggrin: I couldn't find a thread for 2014 applicants, so here we go!

I've already finished my A levels, and I'll be applying for environmental sciences. I love the city of Plymouth, and can't wait to apply. What are you looking to study? Anyone coming to the open day on the 19th October? :biggrin:

Wooooooo i'm applying for Environmental Science at Plym toooo :smile: and going to the open day on the 19th!
Reply 7
Original post by aloha_
Wooooooo i'm applying for Environmental Science at Plym toooo :smile: and going to the open day on the 19th!

Awesome, hello! :awesome: :five:What subjects are you taking/did you take? I can't believe our course offers diving, how cool is that!? :biggrin:

My UCAS was sent last night after finally getting approval from my old sixth form... Already have an email of acknowledgement from Oxford Brookes, but really want to get into Plymouth. Got the programme through, too, last night. The environmental science has a talk at 10:45. Since I live over 6 hours away (Dover),and considering a breakfast stop, checking in and the usual Plymouth traffic, that means a 2:30 get up. :shot: But we're staying in a B&B on the Saturday night in a village we know quite well not far from the nearby town of Kingsbridge, so it's not too bad. :smile:
Reply 8
Awesome, hello! :awesome: :five:What subjects are you taking/did you take? I can't believe our course offers diving, how cool is that!? :biggrin:

My UCAS was sent last night after finally getting approval from my old sixth form... Already have an email of acknowledgement from Oxford Brookes, but really want to get into Plymouth. Got the programme through, too, last night. The environmental science has a talk at 10:45. Since I live over 6 hours away (Dover),and considering a breakfast stop, checking in and the usual Plymouth traffic, that means a 2:30 get up. :shot: But we're staying in a B&B on the Saturday night in a village we know quite well not far from the nearby town of Kingsbridge, so it's not too bad. :smile:

I'm taking biology, geology and psychology :biggrin: wby? I know sooo cool, gonna have to get over my fear of deep/dark water hahaha :P
Sounds awesome i've sent mine off too,just need them to do referencing then should be off within a week! Applying to uea, portsmouth, cardiff and brighton toooo.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I got 8A*s 5As and a B at GCSE and 4As at AS. I'm predicted A*AA.. UKCAT 717.5
Would Plymouth be a good choice with these grades?
Also, regarding the course, what type is it? And what's the interview like? Also, what's the applicant per place ratio like?
One last question.. what do they put a lot of weighting on when they look at applications?
Sorry for all these questions.. It's just I'm so indecisive and confused on where to apply.
Thank you
Original post by aloha_
I'm taking biology, geology and psychology :biggrin: wby? I know sooo cool, gonna have to get over my fear of deep/dark water hahaha :P
Sounds awesome i've sent mine off too,just need them to do referencing then should be off within a week! Applying to uea, portsmouth, cardiff and brighton toooo.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that is really cool, good luck with everything! Do you know which one you want to go to most yet? :biggrin: Oh yes, the diving. I'll have to learn how to swim again as I haven't been able to for quite a while due to health reasons. :redface: I did history, maths, further maths and chemistry. Good luck with your A levels and everything!

Obsessively refreshing UCAS Track every couple of hours...!
Reply 11
Oh that is really cool, good luck with everything! Do you know which one you want to go to most yet? :biggrin: Oh yes, the diving. I'll have to learn how to swim again as I haven't been able to for quite a while due to health reasons. :redface: I did history, maths, further maths and chemistry. Good luck with your A levels and everything!

Obsessively refreshing UCAS Track every couple of hours...!

I think Plymouth is most likely with grade predictions & the course looks great, what about you?:smile: That sounds good! Thannnnnnks, you too! I need all the luck I can get haha. :tongue:
Reply 12
i am applying to plymouth on 2 courses for geography: BA (hons) geography and BSc (hons) geography. i am unable to come to the open day does anyone know if there are any ways to visit the uni at another time? if so please PM me
Reply 13
Original post by tgwktm
i am applying to plymouth on 2 courses for geography: BA (hons) geography and BSc (hons) geography. i am unable to come to the open day does anyone know if there are any ways to visit the uni at another time? if so please PM me

If you apply and get an offer you are invited to a post- offer day I believe... I think you go around the halls and visit the department and stuff.

Im also going to be applying for Geography at Plymouth, Will it be your firm or Insurance?
Reply 14
Original post by ljb.95
If you apply and get an offer you are invited to a post- offer day I believe... I think you go around the halls and visit the department and stuff.

Im also going to be applying for Geography at Plymouth, Will it be your firm or Insurance?

insurance probably, my firm will be exeter
ALSO going to the 19th October open day - applying for psychology, though I'm curious about English too!
Original post by pierreboobvier
ALSO going to the 19th October open day - applying for psychology, though I'm curious about English too!

Same here, see you there!

Posted from TSR M
Sooo, what did everyone think of the open day? I loved it, just hope that they give me an offer now! (:
Reply 18
Sooo, what did everyone think of the open day? I loved it, just hope that they give me an offer now! (:

I loved it toooo :smile: especially how compact it all is so everything's on your doorstep haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went to the open day today! Looked at geography... I'm also applying to exeter, reading, royal holloway and an undecided 5th choice!
Love the university's location, very compact though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest