The Student Room Group

I've been here since Sunday and I want to quit already.

A little background information;

I went to university in 2011 and did a year of Financial Economics at Plymouth University. I completed the year but for a couple of reasons (one being I didn't enjoy the course at all) chose to quit and left. I went back home and worked for a year in retail just to save money and then applied for the same uni but to study Media Arts as it goes well with my interests.

What I am realising now that i'm here though is I don't like uni in general. It's not the course it's the environment. I don't enjoy being away from my family, friends and everything I know. I don't enjoy living in halls with people who just want to go out every night.

I know many of you may say something like "man up" or "stick it out" but this isn't my first experience with uni. The first time I came here I met my now girlfriend and a great bunch of friends and I guess I chose to come back here because of those memories but in actuality none of those people are here anymore so it's not great.

I've been here since sunday and I've had this extreme feeling of anxiety since arriving. I feel physically sick and haven't been able to eat or sleep well since I arrived.

If I could have my choice I would move back home tomorrow and just go back to what I was doing before. I understand it has no aspirations but I was at least content and happy. Here I feel incredibly down and I have nobody to speak to about it.

I guess I am just asking for advice. And if anyone has experience similar, what's the best way to go about leaving this early into the course?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Stick it out for at least a week or two and then see how you feel. Was there not a University near where you live? Or is the one you're at now the closest?
Original post by Ham22
Transfer somewhere else? This is what I did, within the first week.

ounds like what you should do. Plus I don't start uni till this saturday but I'm assuming once freshers weeks done with the whole "wanting to go out every night thing" will die down. Even if it doesn't I wont be going out every night... my excuse will be that I have a sleeping disorder and physically can't go out every night and still function todo my work. Even if it's not quite true that I can't go out that evening. Who will know... anyway I digress from the point. I can see why you wouldn't want to go out every night I mean it's expensive and if it's not an event you're interested in why would you want to spend money going to it...

Quick Reply

Latest