The Student Room Group

Student Finance After Travelling

Hi, Just a quick question regarding student finance in England. I am looking to apply to uni for next year (2014) but was reading up on student finance and saw a clause stating you must have lived in the UK for three years. I've lived in the UK all my life but since July have been travelling in Asia/Australia. I am planning on returning to the UK probably around May 2014. Will this count as living outside the UK and therefore mean I'm not eligible for student finance? I'm slightly confused as this is how it reads to me, but surely people have gap years travelling before heading to uni? Thank in advance :smile: (Couldn't find an email address for Student Finance so couldn't ask them directly)
Reply 1
You should be OK as long as you maintained a home/family base in the UK and can produce documents to prove that you were only overseas temporarily e.g. a copy of a tourist visa showing that you had no right of residency in the countries you've visited, a letter from your UK GP/dentist which states that you were registered with them througout etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending