The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Female Muslim nurses uniform: Concerns of a new muslim

Hi there everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the rules concerning the uniform a Muslim nurse is allowed to wear. I have heard mixed views so am not sure what is allowed and what is not. I was told by one member of staff that Muslims are allowed to wear a head covering and can wear tops with sleeves under their uniform, but must role them up when in contact with a patient.

When I heard this,I was very happy, but was then disappointed by the fact that someone else said long sleeves were NOT allowed and disposable cuffs could be worn ( which are see through, so what is the point :s-smilie:).
Original post by Cassie25
Hi there everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the rules concerning the uniform a Muslim nurse is allowed to wear. I have heard mixed views so am not sure what is allowed and what is not. I was told by one member of staff that Muslims are allowed to wear a head covering and can wear tops with sleeves under their uniform, but must role them up when in contact with a patient.

When I heard this,I was very happy, but was then disappointed by the fact that someone else said long sleeves were NOT allowed and disposable cuffs could be worn ( which are see through, so what is the point :s-smilie:).

Hey Cassie,

Good question, I would really suggest phoning up someone asking them - it's quite a sensible thing to want to know before you start I think :smile:

Jack
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest