The Student Room Group

Outrage at Game of Thrones star who took up too much space on the Tube

Scroll to see replies

Famous person does something mildly socially unacceptable --> daily mail makes a fuss.
Reply 21
Whenever I sit next to people like that on the train or bus I just "accidentally" knock my leg with theirs, we both apologise and they move their leg in a bit. Instead of moaning about it why don't people just do something about it.

But to be honest I really couldn't care less because I have other things to think about in life.
Original post by beccac94
Whenever I sit next to people like that on the train or bus I just "accidentally" knock my leg with theirs, we both apologise and they move their leg in a bit. Instead of moaning about it why don't people just do something about it.

But to be honest I really couldn't care less because I have other things to think about in life.

You see because there are people who want to get offended. They desperately crave attention and so will pester and bother those they dislike. Many Radical Feminists are like this (probably the same people who were outraged in the articel) , they enjoy causing damage and destruction because if they are ignored they will have to face up to how biggoted their standpoint is.
Reply 23
He's only taking up one seat... I don't see the problem?! :confused:
Original post by Kittiara
There is actually a website devoted to how much space men take up on public transport?

The tumblr blog that they are reporting on is a lesser known one, the one that's normally talked about on tumblr is movethef***overbro.tumblr.com (replace the asterisks in the url to get there). There are actually multiple blogs devoted to how much space men take up on public transport.

Actually, it's often not about the amount of space men are taking up. Some are still within the bounds of their seat, but have their legs apart (because balls...), and that's apparently wrong to do.

The most ridiculous one I've ever seen was where either side had women seated, and in the middle was a man standing holding one of the poles. I'm not quite sure how he could have taken up less space, so I'm assuming that the issue was with him existing. He's blocking the view of the womyn*, which is triggering, and he's literally raping them with his patriarchy. I assume.

Seriously? Who comes up with those sort of ideas? :confused:

Social justice warriors.

First of all, women can take up space, too, and second of all, as far as annoyance levels go, this would be way, way down on the list, as in, something I have never even thought about.

To call for someone to be castrated because they're slumped in their chair a bit and don't have their legs close enough together is just ridiculous.

There's a response/parody blog too of women taking up space at movethef***oversis.tumblr.com (again, put the letters in the asterisks first).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by ChocolateMelody
Famous person does something mildly socially unacceptable --> daily mail makes a fuss.

The only unacceptable thing here is being done by the people saying 'castrate him' etc.
I think that's what they're making a fuss of .. not the fact he's slouching...
Don't you see feminists! People like this give your 'campaign' a bad name... All these no doubt fat, ugly women need to get a life.
Reply 27
I'm sure they would have been more offended had he put his hands in his pants to pull his balls up so he could close his legs :dontknow:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

Spoiler

What kind of nutter calls for someone to be castrated anyway, let alone for something this trivial? I bet it's a 14 year old who's just discovered the word and wants to use it as much as possible.

Hey as a 14 year old, we technically discovered the world 14 years ago....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
Hey as a 14 year old, we technically discovered the world 14 years ago....

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says word. :lol: Not world.
Original post by Serpico
Still, better than being sat next to Samwell Tarly.

lol'd pretty hard
They were lucky he didn't have Grey Wind with him :tongue:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
It says word. :lol: Not world.

Ok, as a 14 year old I only just learnt how to read.... :colondollar::getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lady Comstock
Sources: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/web-threats-to-game-of-thrones-star-richard-madden-for-taking-up-too-much-room-on-the-tube-8826573.html, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425018/Game-Of-Thrones-star-Richard-Madden-targetted-angry-women-taking-space-Tube.html, http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/5146734/Feminists-call-for-Game-Of-Thrones-star-to-be-castrated-for-taking-up-too-much-space-on-tube.html

I detest our society. People seriously need to get a life. First world problems. :rolleyes:

For a start, I would love to have his leg rubbing against mine - and I am sure these complaining feminazis would too!

Secondly, unless the chap next to him sits sideways - he is not really taking up room that could actually be used.

Thirdly, I see MUCH worse examples of rudeness, particularly when people take up a much-needed seat with their cases or shopping bags. Do these people get lambasted online by over 500 people and printed in the media?

LOL i instantly thought of samwell tarty

HAHA

But if it was khal drogo then every1 would be too scared

Quick Reply

Latest