The Student Room Group

Isn't it a fact that Chinese people look similar to each other?

Scroll to see replies

Apparently oriental people think white people smell of milk and we think they smell of fish.

Something to do with diets.

Not sure the negs are needed, I'm just relaying imformation a Korean friend from school told me.

I can't say I've noticed this myself though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scumbaggio
Apparently oriental people think white people smell of milk and we think they smell of fish.

Apparently that's something to do with how Europeans drink milk but most humans are lactose intolerant, and by most humans I mean Africans and Asians.
To sheep, other sheep no doubt appear different.

As a half-asian half-european, I have never heard that before.
Original post by TheHolubowskyj
To sheep, other sheep no doubt appear different.

As a half-asian half-european, I have never heard that before.

Not sure how much truth there is to it.
Reply 84
Original post by Chihiro95
Because you're homogenising an entire race. You're refusing to acknowledge the diversity within that race.
no

simply, he has problems in recognising Chinese individuals

I have the same problem
That's how it is if you've never met Chinese people. :smile: The fact is many people think Chinese look alike because of their facial features. But if you get to know a group of Chinese people, you'd be able to tell. I felt the exact feeling when I first entered a school where I was one of the few foreigners and it was like I couldn't differentiate the people I met. Lol But then I got used to it overtime and it feels ridiculous to say they look all the same. They're not!
yes, in China when in the classroom and they have like 60 students in a class they dont bother taking a register cus u cant tell who is who anyways

lol not look at facial recognition and perception
Original post by Dragonfly07
You weren't being racist. There's way too much political correctness around that needs to stop, it's just getting silly.

It can also be said that all black and brown people look the same as one another. Same hair, same eye colour etc.

Not sure the negs are needed, I'm just relaying imformation a Korean friend from school told me.

I can't say I've noticed this myself though.

You forgot one, Indians smell of curry.
I might be recalling this wrongly, but a Chinese person once told me that we look for different facial markers to distinguish people than they do which (apparently) causes us to all see them as looking alike and them to all think we look alike. It was a long time ago so I might be repeating this wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Trypod
From the perspective of a European, surely this is a fact? I said to a friend that they all of the new Chinese students at my University look similar to me, which he claimed was racist.

However, I then pointed out to him that they ALL have dark hair, dark eyes and similar facial features (no freckles, tans etc). In comparison the new European students all have different hair colour, skin colour, eye colour and features. He agreed but still said it was racist but couldn't explain why.

I understand that after a while of knowing them I will be able to tell the difference with ease and that a Chinese person wouldn't have the same problem.

So can anybody explain to me why this is so frowned upon?

Is it frowned upon to ask this about black people? So you think black africans look wildly different too then? And people from India, Arabia etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending