The Student Room Group

Interview at Primark!

Hi, I applied for a job at my local Primark last weekend and have just been phoned to ask if I am available for interview tomorrow! It's my first ever interview and I'm quite nervous, is there anything I should expect (style of questions)? Also any clothing advice would be really helpful! Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ItsCat'sOwlthing
Hi, I applied for a job at my local Primark last weekend and have just been phoned to ask if I am available for interview tomorrow! It's my first ever interview and I'm quite nervous, is there anything I should expect (style of questions)? Also any clothing advice would be really helpful! Thank you! :smile:

How exciting for you! Don't worry, pretty much everyone gets nervous doing interviews.

Have you taking a look at the wiki on interview tips? It's full of useful advice for you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:Interview_Tips

Good luck!

Anyone else have any good tips or been interviewed for a job at Primark that can share any advice?
Original post by G_R
How exciting for you! Don't worry, pretty much everyone gets nervous doing interviews.

Have you taking a look at the wiki on interview tips? It's full of useful advice for you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:Interview_Tips

Good luck!

Anyone else have any good tips or been interviewed for a job at Primark that can share any advice?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by G_R

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the tips, just got back from my interview and feel it went really well! They will be phoning me on Sunday!
Reply 4
Thank you so much for the tips, just got back from my interview and feel it went really well! They will be phoning me on Sunday!

You're very welcome. Best of luck - hope it's positive news :smile:
Original post by G_R
You're very welcome. Best of luck - hope it's positive news :smile:

I got the job! :smile:
Hi, congrats on your job offer! I also have an interview for my local primark coming up this Thursday it is my first interview so I'm really nervous I was just wondering if you have any advice having now been through it? Thanks! =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I got the job! :smile:

You're awesome! *virtual high five!*

Well done :biggrin:
Original post by YeahScienceB*tch
Hi, congrats on your job offer! I also have an interview for my local primark coming up this Thursday it is my first interview so I'm really nervous I was just wondering if you have any advice having now been through it? Thanks! =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Congrats on your interview! Just be yourself, relax, and be confident- the questions are the usual 'why would you like to work here? Show a keen interest- for example- when they asked about competitors- I spoke about the downsides too them and how Primark do better! Smile- they hate the process just as much as you'll be nervous about it! oh and arrive a little bit early and shake your interviewer(s) hand(s) it reflects well on you! Let me know how you get on! Good Luck!
Reply 9
Hi i have an interview on Saturday for a Christmas Temp for primark and even though this isn't my first interview am really nervous because there was over 1,600 applicants and there is 160 interviews giving out for 47 christmas temps (my friend works there and told me). So there is some competition, any tips, questions? has anyone had the christmas temp interview and can give me some advice :frown:?
Original post by seanmcc
Hi i have an interview on Saturday for a Christmas Temp for primark and even though this isn't my first interview am really nervous because there was over 1,600 applicants and there is 160 interviews giving out for 47 christmas temps (my friend works there and told me). So there is some competition, any tips, questions? has anyone had the christmas temp interview and can give me some advice :frown:?

Hi! I had my interview last friday, for a part time position and it was the same for me- loads of applicants and only 11 positions. Be yourself and try to be confident! Atleast going from my experience, the interviewers ease you into it. Show a keen interest in the store and state why their competitors fall short. Just relax- it's a really easy interview! Hope I helped in some way? If you have any questions about the interview process feel free to ask! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi! I had my interview last friday, for a part time position and it was the same for me- loads of applicants and only 11 positions. Be yourself and try to be confident! Atleast going from my experience, the interviewers ease you into it. Show a keen interest in the store and state why their competitors fall short. Just relax- it's a really easy interview! Hope I helped in some way? If you have any questions about the interview process feel free to ask! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks so much for replying with some good advice, I am a very confident in everyday life and socially but once i get nervous i become very shy so am hoping its a laid back interview and not so formal. What stores did you say was there competitors and why did you say they fell short (just for some ideas incase they ask). Can you rememeber any other questions that they asked you, any hard ones or just general interview questions?.
Original post by seanmcc
Aw thanks so much for replying with some good advice, I am a very confident in everyday life and socially but once i get nervous i become very shy so am hoping its a laid back interview and not so formal. What stores did you say was there competitors and why did you say they fell short (just for some ideas incase they ask). Can you rememeber any other questions that they asked you, any hard ones or just general interview questions?.

Hi! I said New look where there main competition and that although in the past the quality was similar, New Looks prices have been high, unlike Primark who's quality is improving for the same price. The other questions where things such as 'how did you give a good custumor service?' and 'Explain a time you were put in a difficultposition (I talked about when a friend was struggling and I spoke to someone- which she didn't want- that she disliked me for a while but saw I did the right thing in the end) and they ask you about an examples responsibilities you may have had.. (I'm 16 with no retail experience aside from youth club shop for children, so she adapted all of my question to revolve around school life)
Hope I helped! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Hi! I said New look where there main competition and that although in the past the quality was similar, New Looks prices have been high, unlike Primark who's quality is improving for the same price. The other questions where things such as 'how did you give a good custumor service?' and 'Explain a time you were put in a difficultposition (I talked about when a friend was struggling and I spoke to someone- which she didn't want- that she disliked me for a while but saw I did the right thing in the end) and they ask you about an examples responsibilities you may have had.. (I'm 16 with no retail experience aside from youth club shop for children, so she adapted all of my question to revolve around school life)
Hope I helped! :biggrin:

Aw thanks so much you helped a lot hopefully I get the job I'll let you know how it goes sure :biggrin:
Original post by seanmcc
Aw thanks so much you helped a lot hopefully I get the job I'll let you know how it goes sure :biggrin:

Good Luck! I've got my induction at 4! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you's apply for primark? Online or did you's hand in a CV?
Original post by georgiesmith

Online :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by georgiesmith

well with my primark they had a day and gave out application forms if you went and got one you filled it out and returned it to customer services and then if you where offered an interview they contacted you. mines is tomorrow !!
Reply 18

howd the induction go :redface: - am nervous for tomorrow any tips on preparation.
[QUOTE="seanmcc;44634271"]

howd the induction go :redface: - am nervous for tomorrow any tips on preparation.

If you have a file- put all your documents in there- so you appear organised! I arrived early which made an impression- and smile and shake your interviewers hand! Just keep calm and think about your answers and try to make them clear :wink: Good luck, you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending