The Student Room Group

criminal law dissertation help (rape)!

Hi

I am looking for advice regarding my dissertation the area I have chosen to focus it on is The law of rape and the boundaries of consent. However I am finding difficulty coming up with a title for my dissertation. Could anyone help in giving me any title ideas.

I came up with this
Defining Consent: Has the sexual offences (Scotland) Act 2009 improved the law of rape by bringing clarity in regards to the area of consent.

However I am not too sure about it, I don't know if I am narrowing down what I can write about with this title.

I also thought about a simple title such as

The Role of consent in defining rape

however not sure if this is too broad?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
This may not be terribly helpful, but I usually find the best thing is to write the paper first, then the title :tongue: . Decide what you're going to research in broad terms, and what it is you hope to discover or establish (in conclusion-neutral terms, ofc... - some might refer to this as the research question/statement, but I tend to find it's not really coherent enough to be a question or statement at this stage) and then start researching. I usually find that as I research a few more specific, narrower directions pop up as interesting, and then I can pick one and go - and only then start thinking of a snappy title!

This if, of course, just how I do it, and there are many other methods, any of which you might prefer. But it's worth considering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending