The Student Room Group

Best way to tackle Verbal Reasoning in UKCAT

I cannot decide which way is more effective and wastes less time.
Would it be best to read the passage first and then dive into the 4 questions on each passage
or
Would it be better to read the question and then look for its answer in the passage?
Reply 1
Original post by mrhedgehog
I cannot decide which way is more effective and wastes less time.
Would it be best to read the passage first and then dive into the 4 questions on each passage
or
Would it be better to read the question and then look for its answer in the passage?

Personally I read the passage first and then could answer the questions from memory, although it means you have to read the passage a bit more slowly so you have time to properly to take it in than you would if you were just scanning for the answer after already reading the question but I thought it would probably still be quicker overall :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by georgiee_
Personally I read the passage first and then could answer the questions from memory, although it means you have to read the passage a bit more slowly so you have time to properly to take it in than you would if you were just scanning for the answer after already reading the question but I thought it would probably still be quicker overall :smile:

Personally I did the opposite. I read the question first and then read the passage to find the answer, by the 3 or 4 q for each set I knew the passage well enough to be able to answer.

But TBH it all depends on your reading and comprehension. If you take things in well on first read then read the passage first. If you're a quicker reader but don't absorb things first time round read the question first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending