The Student Room Group

Student finance loan

Hey, I was wondering, is the loan value negotiable? I don't want the full maintenance loan as I wont need it all and it seems a bit silly having money I don't need when there's interested building up on it.

Edit:
My tuition fees and housing fees have been paid for. I just need part of the maintenance loan to pay for living costs.
(edited 10 years ago)
If you don't need the maintenance loan then I think you can inform them so. Or if you (or your parents, presumably) are reasonably monied and can cover the loan costs yourself, pay it off straight away (which is what one of my friend's parents did for him).
Original post by Moosferatu
If you don't need the maintenance loan then I think you can inform them so. Or if you (or your parents, presumably) are reasonably monied and can cover the loan costs yourself, pay it off straight away (which is what one of my friend's parents did for him).

I only need part of the available maintenance loan. I don't need the tuition fee loan :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Hey, I was wondering, is the loan value negotiable? I don't want the full maintainence loan as I wont need it all and it seems a bit silly having money I don't need when there's interested building up on it.

downwards yes, so you can request less than the maximum your entitled to. You can just request the grant (if eligible) and not the maintenance loan.

You can't negotiate upwards though.
Original post by jelly1000
downwards yes, so you can request less than the maximum your entitled to. You can just request the grant (if eligible) and not the maintenance loan.

You can't negotiate upwards though.

Alright thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending