The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2014

3.. 2.. 1.. Go! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which firms are even open at the minute?
Reply 2
Original post by theman12345

Pretty sure none are.
Reply 3
*Gulp*.

I'm actively avoiding thinking any more about this till term-time. Don't worry, considering the 2013 thread was started in July, mid-September is a legitimate time to start the thread/think of all this. :smile: I urge you to think of a pun, though!

Original post by Jingers
Pretty sure none are.

Maybe just none that you're interested in? :tongue: Jones Day has been open for a couple of weeks. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Anyone else applying as a final year non-law?
Reply 5

Me! :redface:
Reply 6
Which law firms is everyone applying to?

Also, most law firms open thier applications in October, so when is everyone planning to submit thier application, do you think December would be too late?
Reply 7
Original post by giggy12s
Which law firms is everyone applying to?

Also, most law firms open thier applications in October, so when is everyone planning to submit thier application, do you think December would be too late?

Think I'm applying for the big city law firms and some US ones. How about everyone else?
Think I'm applying for the big city law firms and some US ones. How about everyone else?

might be a stupid question, but do you have to be an american citizen to apply to the american ones?
Reply 9
Original post by kdanalouise
might be a stupid question, but do you have to be an american citizen to apply to the american ones?

Nah you don't.
Reply 10
Go go go :wink:
Reply 11
Final year law student here.

Applied for the Jones Day summer scheme a week or so ago. Will be applying to US firms and others when they open.
Reply 12
I can't believe we're here already, it only seems like five minutes since I was waiting for replies from universities on ucas.

Good luck everyone, hopefully I'll bump into a few of you at an assessment centre or two.
Apart from Jones Day, does anyone know what firms have opened their applications yet?
Reply 14
Original post by chloelove101
Apart from Jones Day, does anyone know what firms have opened their applications yet?

A good number opened applications today.

Me :smile:
I'm a final year English student.
Sent off apps to Slaughter and May for their Winter Workshop, should get Linklaters and Hogan Lovells done this weekend.

Fingers crossed!
Anyone applied for any winter vacation schemes yet?
Reply 17
Anyone applied for any winter vacation schemes yet?

Applied for placements at two city firms last week and planning to send a few more applications. Some firms have deadlines approaching already for the winter workshops.

I am a bit spooked about all researching the firms and tailoring applications talk. Are we really expected to go on about how we are very impressed indeed about their culture or something else like that?

This feels extremely counter intuitive especially because almost every firm uses the same recruiting jargon about their "unique culture" setting them apart from the competition.

I get it that one has to know a bit about the firm and its business but then again something like international assignments, FTSE 100 clients etc applies to so many firms.
Reply 18
Anyone know if it's possible to apply as a final year non-law student to Linklaters' Summer Vacation Scheme...they seem to specify that it's for students in the penultimate year, so would they automatically reject an application from a final year?
Reply 19
Original post by chloelove101

If you can't be bothered to even research when firms begin to accept applications, you're not going to achieve anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending