The Student Room Group

How and where to do A levels?

I'm over 19 and want to do my A levels. The problems is the are only letting me take 3 GCSE's at the college i'm at so I will only have 3 when I finish. As far as I know most places want you do have 5 A to C's. I didn't go to secondary school so I didn't take them.

I got a B in maths this summer and want to take the A level preferably now but don't know where or how to. I don't mind self studying and applying as an external candidate but I don't know where. I'm in London so anywhere in the area would be fine.

Another problem of mine is that I want to study physics and chemistry at a level but the college i'm at only offered core science. I heard they require double or triple science to do a level. Is there anyway around this?

I will most probably end up with A*BB for maths, science and English. Will there be anyway for me to do A levels(math, chemistry, physics) after this? Where can an Adult take A levels in London preferably at night.
Get in touch with local colleges. If you are an adult and have good reason why you don't have 5 A-C then they might still take you. Otherwise have a look at an Access to HE course, and see if that will get you where you want to be long term.

Quick Reply

Latest