The Student Room Group

Summer Internship

Hi, I wanted to apply for an internship in the UK this summer. I went on the websites of some companies and they said that they take applicants on a 'rolling basis'. Since, I am going to start my course this October, I was wondering if it would be too early to apply now. I read on some websites that they sometimes interview the candidates which is making me slightly hesitant. Would it be better to wait until I complete my first term at uni? Any advice would be great
Reply 1
Original post by .Chocoholic.
Hi, I wanted to apply for an internship in the UK this summer. I went on the websites of some companies and they said that they take applicants on a 'rolling basis'. Since, I am going to start my course this October, I was wondering if it would be too early to apply now. I read on some websites that they sometimes interview the candidates which is making me slightly hesitant. Would it be better to wait until I complete my first term at uni? Any advice would be great

Have you thought about doing an Easter intern too? It might be a good idea to introduce yourself to these companies and ask if there's anything you can be involved in over the year, not just in summer. If they are not looking now they may be able to tell you when they start looking so you can apply later on.

Interviews can be a bit nerve racking, but they are for companies to get to know you in person and see what you are like, so as long as you are confident and come across friendly and eager then you should be ok! We have an article on interview tips you should read :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
I had not thought of easter internships! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending