The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Unit 3 (Contested Planet) Discussions :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I love superpowers its my favourite topic :smile: Also I like bridging the development but god help me biodiversity and water is so boring and horrible topics....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by muzika
I love superpowers its my favourite topic :smile: Also I like bridging the development but god help me biodiversity and water is so boring and horrible topics....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just about started water: thanks for the encouragement D: I'm actually looking forward to biodiversity as well!
How are people revising for it? I'm making power point revision cards for case studies and past questions.
How do people revise for this unit? I'm doing power points on case studies and past questions.
Reply 64
Original post by JamesChowler
How do people revise for this unit? I'm doing power points on case studies and past questions.

Past questions are always good, helps practising structure! I think just vague revision until the pre-release comes out :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by AKell17
Past questions are always good, helps practising structure! I think just vague revision until the pre-release comes out :smile:

Well I'm just going over my notes making sure I memorise the case studies like impacts, causes - the normal for geography. Look at past papers, plan question out, making sure espacially for the 15 markers to include like the assess or evaluate criteria :smile:
Hey does anyone know where I can get hold of the May 2013 Contested Planet paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, I saw some of you discussing what the compulsory question in section B was last year. We were told it was Energy Security, so hopefully it won't be that! (Energy has been my least favourite topic so far!)

So far we have completed Water Conflicts, Biodiversity, Energy Security and Superpowers (for Unit 3) and Cold Environments for Unit 4.

We are now starting Tectonics, for Unit 4, to give us a choice when the pre-released material comes out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by HannahBanana1995
Also, I saw some of you discussing what the compulsory question in section B was last year. We were told it was Energy Security, so hopefully it won't be that! (Energy has been my least favourite topic so far!)

So far we have completed Water Conflicts, Biodiversity, Energy Security and Superpowers (for Unit 3) and Cold Environments for Unit 4.

We are now starting Tectonics, for Unit 4, to give us a choice when the pre-released material comes out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have last year June pre realease and its on superpowers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by HannahBanana1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

How comes your doing cold environments and tectonic hazards? and Wow thats cute for you that you have finished 4 unit 3 topics -_- I have only done water and biodiversity and just about to finish Unit 4 (Life on the Margins)
Original post by muzika
I have last year June pre realease and its on superpowers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhh yes so it was! It was the January paper that had energy security :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
How comes your doing cold environments and tectonic hazards? and Wow thats cute for you that you have finished 4 unit 3 topics -_- I have only done water and biodiversity and just about to finish Unit 4 (Life on the Margins)

Oh well we did cold environments in June/July last year before summer, and so we do tectonics as well so we can choose between them when the pre released material comes... I.e. Choose what sounds best! I'm pleased to be honest because I didn't really enjoy cold environments!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
YAY!! Just started Energy Security :smile: It looks fun :smile::smile::smile: Could anyone recommend some casestudies? Thanks Boos
Reply 73
Original post by lala121
YAY!! Just started Energy Security :smile: It looks fun :smile::smile::smile: Could anyone recommend some casestudies? Thanks Boos

UK and Kenya for their energy mix :smile:
Reply 74
Anyone know questions that were in 2013 June paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by muzika

Here I uploaded it for you :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 76
[QUOTE="lala121;46164234"]
Original post by muzika

Here I uploaded it for you :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thanks!:smile:
Reply 77
do you have the mark scheme too by any chance? xx
Reply 78
Original post by isabella s
do you have the mark scheme too by any chance? xx

Yes I do BOO :smile: But I dont have the resource booklet for Section A Figure questions Sorry :frown:
Reply 79
Original post by wartortle
ive just done this exam last year and got an A, after a lot of struggles at the start.
Can happily help?

i dont suppose you remember any of the questions from your exam cant find the exam paper for june 2013?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending