The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Unit 3 (Contested Planet) Discussions :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by prer123
i dont suppose you remember any of the questions from your exam cant find the exam paper for june 2013?

[QUOTE="lala121;46164234"]
Original post by muzika
Anyone know questions that were in 2013 June paper?

Here I uploaded it for you :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Original post by lala121
Yes I do BOO :smile: But I dont have the resource booklet for Section A Figure questions Sorry :frown:

I have uploaded it. Look at previous posts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
[QUOTE="lala121;46189880"]
Original post by lala121

I have uploaded it. Look at previous posts

Posted from TSR Mobile

great found it thanks, how did you find it its not on the internet anywhere else?!
Hi guys,

I actually need to self teach myself unit 3 :s
finding it a little bit of a struggle
help?
any good online resources
I am particularly phased by bridging the development gap, energy and water and biodiversity ... help?
Reply 83
Original post by CrazyBookLover
Hi guys,

I actually need to self teach myself unit 3 :s
finding it a little bit of a struggle
help?
any good online resources
I am particularly phased by bridging the development gap, energy and water and biodiversity ... help?

For energy, The Economist is pretty good :smile:
Original post by AKell17
For energy, The Economist is pretty good :smile:

ohh thank you, i dont know why I didnt think of that facepalm
thanks again
how about bridging the development gap
Reply 85
Original post by CrazyBookLover
ohh thank you, i dont know why I didnt think of that facepalm
thanks again
how about bridging the development gap

For that, I'd look up some figures from the HDI (Human Development Index) I suppose... We're starting that next week :smile:
Original post by AKell17
For that, I'd look up some figures from the HDI (Human Development Index) I suppose... We're starting that next week :smile:

thank you
Reply 87
We have almost completed all the topics, just finishing up on the Technological fix.

I was thinking that I might do for my 3 topic revision choices (not including the mandatory one):
- Biodiversity Under Threat
- Water Conflicts
- Technological Fix

Would you say these are relatively easy?
I loved learning about Bridging the Development Gap, found it really interesting but the questions were do hard to answer when I was looking through them and doing some pass paper questions.
Energy... I liked it again, but there is so much content we have on it, and the questions, some are easy and some are really hard. I might do a small amount of revision on the case studies just in case.
Superpower Geographies... no way. Our teacher at College (we have two teachers this year) did a poor job in doing this, even skipping over BRICs and told us to revise MINTs instead :P

How should I revise these? Just case studies?
Reply 88
Original post by Lee17
We have almost completed all the topics, just finishing up on the Technological fix.

I was thinking that I might do for my 3 topic revision choices (not including the mandatory one):
- Biodiversity Under Threat
- Water Conflicts
- Technological Fix

Would you say these are relatively easy?
I loved learning about Bridging the Development Gap, found it really interesting but the questions were do hard to answer when I was looking through them and doing some pass paper questions.
Energy... I liked it again, but there is so much content we have on it, and the questions, some are easy and some are really hard. I might do a small amount of revision on the case studies just in case.
Superpower Geographies... no way. Our teacher at College (we have two teachers this year) did a poor job in doing this, even skipping over BRICs and told us to revise MINTs instead :P

How should I revise these? Just case studies?

We complete biodiversity and water conflicts and unit 4 food security. We are about to finish energy. I actually thought I would enjoy it, but personally I hate it. Its quiet boring and a lot of facts. I really enjoy biodiversity and water conflicts. Soon gonna start bridging the development gap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by lala121
We complete biodiversity and water conflicts and unit 4 food security. We are about to finish energy. I actually thought I would enjoy it, but personally I hate it. Its quiet boring and a lot of facts. I really enjoy biodiversity and water conflicts. Soon gonna start bridging the development gap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I liked Biodiversity, Water Conflicts and I am liking Technological Fix. I found Energy somewhat interesting but like you stated the facts were too many. Having to like know the percentage of energy mix or the Giga Watts they generate etc.
Biodiversity was quite interesting, good small case studies which can be remember like CAMPFIRE project, Galapagos Islands. A good watch is that "Lost Land of the Tiger" thats a good watch for conservation with the Biosphere Reserves" :smile:
Original post by Lee17
I liked Biodiversity, Water Conflicts and I am liking Technological Fix. I found Energy somewhat interesting but like you stated the facts were too many. Having to like know the percentage of energy mix or the Giga Watts they generate etc.
Biodiversity was quite interesting, good small case studies which can be remember like CAMPFIRE project, Galapagos Islands. A good watch is that "Lost Land of the Tiger" thats a good watch for conservation with the Biosphere Reserves" :smile:

could disagree mor , love energy! probs doing energy,superpowers and development and if development comes up as steer then ill do tech. fix.
Reply 91
Original post by Lee17

Thanks for that! I was kind of struggling on a biosphere reserve example.. I have Rio Plantao in Honduras, but that's kinda boring

Original post by peter qwert
could disagree mor , love energy! probs doing energy,superpowers and development and if development comes up as steer then ill do tech. fix.

Well to be honest its all about interest :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by lala121
Thanks for that! I was kind of struggling on a biosphere reserve example.. I have Rio Plantao in Honduras, but that's kinda boring

No problem.
Honestly this may sound dumb. I've got all the past paper questions printed out, and for global Biodiversity conservation what could I use? I know a good amount for local but not off to top of my head for global. :P
Reply 93
Original post by Lee17
No problem.
Honestly this may sound dumb. I've got all the past paper questions printed out, and for global Biodiversity conservation what could I use? I know a good amount for local but not off to top of my head for global. :P

You could use CITES, Ramsar, WWF Global Framework they are basically global strategies to protecting biodiversity. I think CITES is fairly good as you talk how even though global strategies are good, its down to the national/local governments to implement strategies depending on their regulations and governmental policies.
Reply 94
Original post by lala121
You could use CITES, Ramsar, WWF Global Framework they are basically global strategies to protecting biodiversity. I think CITES is fairly good as you talk how even though global strategies are good, its down to the national/local governments to implement strategies depending on their regulations and governmental policies.

Ah perfect, totally forgot about CITES. :biggrin:
Just been looking over past paper questions and noting down things I would put in them and then checking the mark scheme. Then I can use it as a way to revise my case studies. Some questions seem really hard and others quite easy... :s-smilie: I hope we don't get any hard ones for this year.
Reply 95
Original post by Lee17
Ah perfect, totally forgot about CITES. :biggrin:
Just been looking over past paper questions and noting down things I would put in them and then checking the mark scheme. Then I can use it as a way to revise my case studies. Some questions seem really hard and others quite easy... :s-smilie: I hope we don't get any hard ones for this year.

Yh hopefully :smile: The pre-release is coming out next month! 27th March, kinda early to be honest. I hope its something good for Unit 3 synoptic and the report :frown: Soon annoying because I get 3!! 2 for Geography and 1 for ICT
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by lala121
Yh hopefully :smile: The pre-release is coming out next month! 27th March, kinda early to be honest. I hope its something good for Unit 3 synoptic and the report :frown: Soon annoying because I get 3!! 2 for Geography and 1 for ICT

Yeah, I honestly hope Biodiversity is not the synoptic. Hoping Development gap will be because it is common sense mainly but I always forget the management stuff :P
Just been looking at Technology questions. The questions seemed hard but then I looked at the mark scheme and it's common sense for the technologies and how they effect people, the environment and economy etc.
Biodiversity some questions hard, some questions easy which is annoying. If it's on threats I can do that really easily I can remember that off by heart. But if it's management I will need to do more revision on that like CITES, Galapagos, FSC, Campfire, Biosphere Reserves (know them because I research them for class, Lost Land of the Tiger :wink: )
Water Security, mainly about players or management strategies. Strategies, like China South/North, Owens Vally to LA, etc. Conflicts between players, Colorado between Mexico, California (LA), American Indians, etc. Water Wars (LA), Three Gorges Dam with the movement of people...

GOD so much to revise even for three topics! :frown:

I have 4, 3 for geography (Unit 1, Unit 3, Unit 4) and History (Kaiser to Fuhrer)
Reply 97
Original post by Lee17
Yeah, I honestly hope Biodiversity is not the synoptic. Hoping Development gap will be because it is common sense mainly but I always forget the management stuff :P
Just been looking at Technology questions. The questions seemed hard but then I looked at the mark scheme and it's common sense for the technologies and how they effect people, the environment and economy etc.
Biodiversity some questions hard, some questions easy which is annoying. If it's on threats I can do that really easily I can remember that off by heart. But if it's management I will need to do more revision on that like CITES, Galapagos, FSC, Campfire, Biosphere Reserves (know them because I research them for class, Lost Land of the Tiger :wink: )
Water Security, mainly about players or management strategies. Strategies, like China South/North, Owens Vally to LA, etc. Conflicts between players, Colorado between Mexico, California (LA), American Indians, etc. Water Wars (LA), Three Gorges Dam with the movement of people...

I have 4, 3 for geography (Unit 1, Unit 3, Unit 4) and History (Kaiser to Fuhrer)

kaiser to führer? Mmm I do German and know alot about the German history like 3 Reiche (kingdoms)
Reply 98
Original post by Lee17

Oh and I really really like biodiversity and water conflicts, so therefore I don't really want to be in the synoptic as I want to them in section A but then again what if Section b is hard ugh... I really just need B's in both units to get an A :ahee::awesome:
guys whens the unit 3 pre release coming out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending