The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Street accommodation in Leamington (electric storage heating!)

Has anyone lived here or have anything to say about it?

I am a bit worried about the heating - it's supposed to electric storage heating and so I am really worried that it's gonna be not warm enough in my room.

Secondly, what time should I get the bus into campus? I have been told getting the bus to come in at half past the hour is better but just wanting to know.
Storage heaters are a bit of a nightmare, they work by storing heat in the off-peak time (midnight - 6am I believe it is), then releasing it gradually. You basically need to choose on a certain day, how much heat you want to "use" the next day. This seems like a pretty good summary of what you have to think about: http://www.studentpad.co.uk/UserFiles/File/Sassh/How%20to%20use%20storage%20heaters1.pdf .

The rule I used for getting to campus for 2 years in Leam was 1 hour bus stop to campus, with the exceptions of 1 hour 20 mins for 10/11 AM, and for 9AM, it's a bit more complicated. After the first two U12s (early morning buses that go through Kenilworth), due to Kenilworth traffic they slow to such a crawl that it's better to arrive a couple of minutes past 9 on the first U1 than it be a bit of a gamble on the later U12s. The timetable appears to be changing though (only shows vacation times ATM) so the info about 9AMs may change for the upcoming year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by matt2k8
Storage heaters are a bit of a nightmare, they work by storing heat in the off-peak time (midnight - 6am I believe it is), then releasing it gradually. You basically need to choose on a certain day, how much heat you want to "use" the next day. This seems like a pretty good summary of what you have to think about: http://www.studentpad.co.uk/UserFiles/File/Sassh/How%20to%20use%20storage%20heaters1.pdf .

The rule I used for getting to campus for 2 years in Leam was 1 hour bus stop to campus, with the exceptions of 1 hour 20 mins for 10/11 AM, and for 9AM, it's a bit more complicated. After the first two U12s (early morning buses that go through Kenilworth), due to Kenilworth traffic they slow to such a crawl that it's better to arrive a couple of minutes past 9 on the first U1 than it be a bit of a gamble on the later U12s. The timetable appears to be changing though (only shows vacation times ATM) so the info about 9AMs may change for the upcoming year.

Thanks man. I have to say the heating is awesome (it turns on whenever I want it to) and is not a traditional storage heater.

Also my bus ride this morning was only 25 minutes which is great :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending