The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters A2 book help

Hi guys :smile:,
was just wondering what you think would be a good textbook/revision book/ revision resource for this year for my board - any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

branny101
Reply 1
I would recommend either this brand, or this one. I used the second, I like that it has both units included, it also has questions on each topic. Its also much more concise than the first one, but it does lack some fine detail because of this, thats why the first one is potentially better but you have to get 2 books with that one (one for each unit)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ElChapo
I would recommend either this brand, or this one. I used the second, I like that it has both units included, it also has questions on each topic. Its also much more concise than the first one, but it does lack some fine detail because of this, thats why the first one is potentially better but you have to get 2 books with that one (one for each unit)

Hi ElChapo,

Thanks for the reply, I might go about getting all three if that helps with my revision though i'm not sure i'll be able to use them in unison so well if I have so many books. Do you think it would preferably be better for me to get the two, more in-depth books, or the concise latter book? Or maybe even just all three.
Reply 3
Original post by Branny101
Hi ElChapo,

Thanks for the reply, I might go about getting all three if that helps with my revision though i'm not sure i'll be able to use them in unison so well if I have so many books. Do you think it would preferably be better for me to get the two, more in-depth books, or the concise latter book? Or maybe even just all three.

I think all three is a bit too much. You should already have Chemical Storylines and Chemical Ideas so with the revision guides you have more than enough resources, and you'll probably also have a lot of in class notes. Unfortunately salters is a lot about memorising mark schemes I found

Quick Reply

Latest